• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ska

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think I'm an "SEO Type" but I can see some real use for the information I've already gleaned for the couple of sites I've put in there. It found many backlinks to a page on one of my sites that didn't exist anymore! Got that sorted now.

I've passed the link on to a few friends who are quite clued up on SEO.

Will there always be a 'free' subscription with more on offer if you pay or will it be paid subscription only?
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

If you're serious

OK, if this is a serious attempt to make money then I suggest (1) fixing some of the silly spelling mistakes, (2) lose the awful picture

2. Have a system that will allow ourselves to improve out relevancy algorithms ...

3. Achieve a financial position that will allow us to mount attack on the leadering search engines ...

HTH

Comment

Well done on making your dream reality.

HOWEVER, some constuctive feedback which you'll hopefully accept in the manner it is intended to be received.

The frontend of the site is amateurish to say the least. As DimPrawn points out, humour and photos of you molesting squirrels isn't going to help me, as a business, make the decision to part with hard cash. And before you say that this is an early version, remember that first impressions count!

Nobody (except geeks) cares what's under the bonnet and how wonderfully efficient the code behind is. People want slick UIs and usability.

You do need someone to look at the language as well; it reads almost like the English used in a phishing scam - TBH I'd be terrified to put a URL in just in case my website was bombed.

As I said; my first impressions and the feedback is in no way meant to be malicious.
        If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Spelling mistakes - fair play, will be fixed thanks.

Picture - not sure I should remove it. Maybe I will move it to another site.

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
            Well done on making your dream reality.

HOWEVER, some constuctive feedback which you'll hopefully accept in the manner it is intended to be received.

The frontend of the site is amateurish to say the least. As DimPrawn points out, humour and photos of you molesting squirrels isn't going to help me, as a business, make the decision to part with hard cash. And before you say that this is an early version, remember that first impressions count!

Nobody (except geeks) cares what's under the bonnet and how wonderfully efficient the code behind is. People want slick UIs and usability.

You do need someone to look at the language as well; it reads almost like the English used in a phishing scam - TBH I'd be terrified to put a URL in just in case my website was bombed.

As I said; my first impressions and the feedback is in no way meant to be malicious.

That's exactly what I'm saying too.

It's important to have well written English on any site that aims to part people and money.

Don't spend time here, spend time getting the website up to a high standard.

Comment

Ok, ok, I got the point, christ people, that's what test releases are for - I am just glad Leonardo da Vinchi is not alive now, you'd critisise him to death

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Ok, ok, I got the point, christ people, that's what test releases are for - I am just glad Leonardo da Vinchi is not alive now, you'd critisise him to death
                Vinci

criticise

Comment

Working...
                X