• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've just bought this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Denny, your experience is very similar to a lot of women I speak to, I am a member of a health forum, and many women also had similar experiences and suffer from the snail effect weight loss… I agree LG diets are the best in ones, I have been practicing such diets since 2003 (but I do fall off the wagon now and again)- I don’t have in-depth knowledge off all thyroid problems, but have you read about the GL diets on the T3 levels? There are a lot of people talking about it, however I know a lot of people who have been on a total carnivore paleo diets and have been very happy with their food and physics (eating just meat/fish and fat, and eggs, some rarely have diary too)
    Sounds a bit like the Atkins diet to me. Not sure I'd want to travel down that route. But I'll look into it.

Can you PM some details to me, if you have them?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      does talking poo work as a viable alternative?

Denny.
      I'm surprised you're not 36 stone given the rubbish you spout off on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I'm surprised you're not 36 stone given the rubbish you spout off on this forum.
        You haven't got this "thinking" thing worked out yet, have you?

Comment

Bollox. When will you guys realise that "dieting" doesn't work, but the correct diet (basically lots of fruit and veg + restricted carbs and starch+and watch your alcohol intake) + LOTS OF EXERCISE!! does work.

There are no fat people in poor countries, unless they are in the rich minority.
          Why is obesity basically a disease of the West and in particular the US and Britain?

Too many people on here making excuses for their basic laziness.

PS I realise some people are obese because of medical reasons but they are a small minority.
          Last edited by sasguru; 6 February 2008, 15:16.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sounds a bit like the Atkins diet to me. Not sure I'd want to travel down that route. But I'll look into it.

Can you PM some details to me, if you have them?

Thanks

Am not recommending the carnivore diet Denny, just because some people saying LG diets affects T3 badly, however I was wondering how come some of them carnivores are doing well and have a body builder’s physics… I can’t do without my veggies and salads, so carnivore diets are out for me…

Atkins as far as I know recommends 2 cups of salads and 1 cup of veggie with meat at each meal … so it’s a lot more green than the carnivore diets… carnivore only eat meat fried smothered with fat drippings… if you do not eat any carbohydrates at all, it seems the body can not store fat (as long as insulin level are low then the fat storage process is not triggered) … there are so many people experimenting with this now… some have managed to ingest up to 4000 calories a day without outing on an ounce of fat (but remember this is only possible if you have no carbs whatsoever – i.e no verg/fruit/ breads/rice etc) again, am not advocating this, am just amazed about the amount of science and experimentation that are going on to study the metabolism… am fascinated by the subject and obsessed about following the latest findings.

Am sure am going to start a war here if I talk too much about it – but everyone remember am not following such a diet, am weak and love my veggies

Try to google the stone aged diet , or Paleo diet, and you’ll find a lot of information about it. I love paleo diets, only a person is not allowed diary on it, and I love my diary !!
            Last edited by SandyDown; 6 February 2008, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              Am not recommending the carnivore diet Denny, just because some people saying LG diets affects T3 badly, however I was wondering how come some of them carnivores are doing well and have a body builder’s physics… I can’t do without my veggies and salads, so carnivore diets are out for me…

Atkins as far as I know recommends 2 cups of salads and 1 cup of veggie with meat at each meal … so it’s a lot more green than the carnivore diets… carnivore only eat meat fried smothered with fat drippings… if you do not eat any carbohydrates at all, it seems the body can not store fat (as long as insulin level are low then the fat storage process is not triggered) … there are so many people experimenting with this now… some have managed to ingest up to 4000 calories a day without outing on an ounce of fat (but remember this is only possible if you have no carbs whatsoever – i.e no very/fruit/ breads/rice etc) again, am not advocating this, am just amazed about the amount of science and experimentation that are going on to study the metabolism… am fascinated by the subject and obsessed about following the latest findings.

Am sure am going to start a war here if I talk too much about it – but everyone remember am not following such a diet, am week and love my veggies

Try to google the stone aged diet , or Paleo diet, and you’ll find a lot of information about it. I love paleo diets, only a person is not allowed diary on it, and I love my diary !!

You are Bridget Jones and I claim my five free spelling lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You are Bridget Jones and I claim my five free spelling lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Too many people on here making excuses for their basic laziness.

PS I realise some people are obese because of medical reasons but they are a small minority.
                  I am not lazy. I am not obese either. I've got a bona fide medical condition affecting thousands of women and some men as well.

I've never over-eaten on starchy fattening foods, gone binge drinking or stuffed myself with sweets and cakes. In fact, I don't eat anything like that at all. Particularly not now.

The only good thing that has come out of my situation so far is that I now qualify for free NHS prescriptions for all medications now, irrespective of whether it is related to my thyroid condition. A bit weird, I admit, when it's not even means tested, but it does mean I can see my GP to get a packet of Asprin free of charge instead of forking out £3 a packet for them, whenever I read any of Churchill's or Dimprawns posts.

Comment

I am not lazy. I am not obese either. I've got a bona fide medical condition affecting thousands of women and some men as well.

I've never over-eaten on starchy fattening foods, gone binge drinking or stuffed myself with sweets and cakes. In fact, I don't eat anything like that at all. Particularly not now.

The only good thing that has come out of my situation so far is that I now qualify for free NHS prescriptions for all medications now, irrespective of whether it is related to my thyroid condition. A bit weird, I admit, when it's not even means tested, but it does mean I can see my GP to get a packet of Asprin free of charge instead of forking out £3 a packet for them, whenever I read any of Churchill's or Dimprawns posts.
                    Sponging bint!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Sponging bint!
                      Yeah, that's right. So when I'm benched, I just go to my GP with all kinds of invented ailments, pick up 6 months worth of drugs, all paid for out of your hard earned ir35 taxes, and flog them on e-bay.

Nice little earner that!

Comment

Working...
                      X