• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tele Tip for this evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    There's also a proggy on this week sometime called "Recession, Recession, Recession", but can't find it on Radio Times.

Maybe it was on last week, or maybe I just dreamt it?
    Maybe it was the working title for that Panorama show?

My mistake, it's called "Repossession, Repossesion, Reposession", on ITV1 Wednesday 10.35pm.

Looks like we've got some good doom and gloom TV to look forward to, apart from Eastenders for a change.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Why did they hire a presenter who is retarded? The commentary sounds like he is reading a script while moving his finger along underneath the words.

Is it cos it is on the bbc and cos he is black?

Comment

I found it quite entertaining overall. There's some right muppets out there. The bint who's 700 grand in debt because she was mis-sold a £1m+ portfolio, including some properties she'd never even seen. Unbelievable.

So between dodgy property developers and shifty solicitors an unknown number of areas have been affected by over-inflated property prices, simply because they rely on the land registry to judge property values and trends, which in turn relies on these shady characters to supply accurate info in the first place.

The punchline: "the public believe government statistics" causing them to shell out sometimes 70-100k over true market value, which is only realised after repossession when said property sells for half its mortgaged price at auction.

What's even funnier is that the cretins who are supposed to be experts and provide an accurate value to mortgage companies can't be held to account from the mugs that believe them and expect them to be honest and able to do their job. I suppose their defence is that if some mug is willing to pay over the odds, then a property is only worth what they'll pay for it.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

A nice warm-up show for the one on wednesday I feel.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Thx for the update, hmmm could be some more interesting programmes on the way.

Whilst in the UK programmes like "location location..." were running plugging houses, in Germany there were programmes like "Albtraum Eigenheim" (the nightmare of owning your own house). Probably didn't help the German housing market.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X