• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Love and sweetheart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    It is not really on in this day and age.

Roughly how old is he? Your response to him will have to be different depending on whether he is the older generation who don't really know any better, or the younger generation who should.
    The truth is I find it really sick... and I feel harassed by this... he is as old as my father, so I find it sick when he tries to be charming and gazes at me, or tries to crack some of this stupid boyish/ladish jokes and expects me to laugh at them ...

We had to change desks a few times, and they were about to put me next to someone I really disliked, at the time I told him not to make me sit next to the annoying guy, so he located my desk next to him, since then we have moved twice ( a lot of merger related relocations) so he kept placing my desk next to his every time we relocated, which I thought was fine, I think the guys are teasing him that I insist on sitting next to him, but the fact is I am avoiding someone else, and now he started saying this to me (only started last week)

I want to be diplomatic and not destroy a good professional relationship

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      The truth is I find it really sick... and I feel harassed by this... he is as old as my father, so I find it sick when he tries to be charming and gazes at me, or tries to crack some of this stupid boyish/ladish jokes and expects me to laugh at them ...

We had to change desks a few times, and they were about to put me next to someone I really disliked, at the time I told him not to make me sit next to the annoying guy, so he located my desk next to him, since then we have moved twice ( a lot of merger related relocations) so he kept placing my desk next to his every time we relocated, which I thought was fine, I think the guys are teasing him that I insist on sitting next to him, but the fact is I am avoiding someone else, and now he started saying this to me (only started last week)

Oh FFS! Is it really THAT important?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

Hmmm. I can see a bit of a pattern forming. Is there anyone that you do get on with?

Anyway, if he is old school then a polite request that, noone else gets to hear about, should do the trick.

Keep the harassment card up your sleeve for if the softly softly approach does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Hmmm. I can see a bit of a pattern forming. Is there anyone that you do get on with?

Anyway, if he is old school then a polite request that, noone else gets to hear about, should do the trick.

Keep the harassment card up your sleeve for if the softly softly approach does not work.
          I get on with everyone at work, just because I dislike them it doesn't mean am stupid and actually show them that I don't like them!!

Naaaah can't be bothered with all that softly approach/ or harrasment, that's why I am a contractor, will just grit my teeth and smile at the old boy, may be drop into the conversation a few times that he is soooo much like my dad, and I think of him as a father figure!!

Not much left of this contract, I was offered a renewal for a couple of months and the old boy was only offered a one month renewal .

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about cars

Erm, okay serious answer: Think of England (i.e. the money) or failing that, tell him off.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Erm, okay serious answer: Think of England (i.e. the money) .
              Best advice yet !!

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                Has everyone forgot that sANDYdoWn is a guy?
                Nope.

But remember (s)he's still being sexually harassed at work, therefore it's our duty to tender advice.

And mine is; offer him the chance of a BJ, and when he readily agrees, and says he's really looking forward to it, ask him if he spits or swallows.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Just get over it, luuv
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

There's a woman at work who calls me "stud" and "hot guy" and it's getting a bit wearing now.

Comment

tell him that, as a w og, you do not appreciate 'love' or 'sweetheart', ask him to call you 'Jaanu' - thats a nice muslim term of endearment

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X