• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Champange Breakfast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a student I had a can of special brew at 9am once. Special brew = student champagne?

I did a number of strange things when I was a student.
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I am a man of class, taste, distinction and etiquette. I adore fine wine. I, however, am not an old bugger (well, not quite) and I have to vouch for the benefits of Champagne & Red Bull.

It works. It packs a punch (probably as the Red Bull makes it a highly gluggable drink), but keeps you going at the same time.

When things start to get really expensive/messy, I am also partial to Vodka, Champagne & Red Bull (or Liquid Cocaine as the Chinawhite set call it). Wimps need not apply.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Once upon a time, I met 2 very wise boys who showed me that champagne is best with Red Bull
        Who were they? They sound like really great guys.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Who were they? They sound like really great guys.
          Just two randoms I bumped into one night on an adventure in London

They certainly made it a night t remember
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

For me they made it a night hard to remember. We should ask TheFaQQer - he seemed to have been learned by them the most

I think there were some photos of them flying about but the board went into melt down the last time they were shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              When I was a student I had a can of special brew at 9am once. Special brew = student champagne?

I did a number of strange things when I was a student.
              Bacon sarnies and a cans of special brew at 4am was very surreal. While queueing overnight for the accomodation agency to open so we could get the house we wanted.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                Special brew = student champagne?
                Trampagne

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Bacon sarnies and a cans of special brew at 4am was very surreal. While queueing overnight for the accomodation agency to open so we could get the house we wanted.

My only experience of Special Brew was also at uni. In the first year I stayed in the halls of residence and one night a group of us started downing a few cans of the stuff. 30 minutes later I was on a promise with a rather nice irish girl. 45 mins later she was in bed comatose having chucked her guts up. An hour later I had my head out of my bedroom window puking my guts up because I knew I wouldn't make the loo.

There is a stain down the wall from my first floor room that's still there to this day over 15 years later. I'm not sure if it was the special brew or my stomach acid that bleached the wall, but after missing out on a guaranteed shag I've never touched the stuff since.

So I can honestly say I left my mark.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    There is a stain down the wall from my first floor room that's still there to this day over 15 years later.
                    That's one hell of a long course you're doing....

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                      That's one hell of a long course you're doing....
                      Tell me about it. Strange thing is there's 70 teachers and just the one student, me. Oh hang on, I'm on the wrong side of the desk.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X