• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The North

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, Middlesbrough was the first town bombed by the Luftwaffe.

Again, that was when they produced something on the Tees worth bombing.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Yeah, but Swansea was second MOST bombed, not FIRST bombed.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

An[other] expat view...

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        When I say Britain I mean Britain. If I mean England I say England.
        When I say England I mean England, but also sometimes including Scotland and Wales, when I say the UK I mean Britain, but sometimes just England.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Even though I'm close to Middlesbrough I wish they would come back and finish the job including all the chav/scum that polute the place.

Comment

<Dylan Thomas>

Ugly, lovely town (on Swansea)

Wales is the land of my fathers. And my fathers can have it.

</Dylan Thomas>

What's the quote by the Railway station? Is it "Ambition is critical"?

Comment

All of Britain is a carp place to live. People might claim the north is slightly less carp, but the difference is so minimal that it makes no difference.

I am in a good mood today

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                All of Britain is a carp place to live. People might claim the north is slightly less carp, but the difference is so minimal that it makes no difference.

I am in a good mood today
                ..Last time I checked the Ports & Airports were all open ... so feel free to pop down to Heathrow and feck off on a Quantas or whatever to your antipodean utopia
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  ..Last time I checked the Ports & Airports were all open ... so feel free to pop down to Heathrow and flip off on a Quantas or whatever to your antipodean utopia
                  I am in November, after I have finished taking money.

UK is a great place to make money, just a carp place to live. Bit like what Northerners say about London.

Comment

Working...
                  X