• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M6 closed for 24 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The blockage at junction 19 was cleared at 20:00, I blasted through at 20:25 - didn't notice a thing

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

24 hours closure ended up being 3.5 hours.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dammit. I was all set for taking the burger van down and making a killing from all the mugs gridlocked on the surrounding A roads.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
          if you cut london off, how are the man utd fans going to get to the matches?
          They will fly in from Ireland like they do now.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            They will fly in from Ireland like they do now.
            Not today the f***ing won't - they'll be stuck at the airport like I am

Flight is 1515 - current anticipated departure time 1755 because it's windy....
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              Olympics should be sold to France. They would do a better job.

:
              the budget would need to go up by £3.4 billion
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Flight is 1515 - current anticipated departure time 1755 because it's windy....
                This extended your life by almost 3 hours: dieing during takeoff is not a pleasant experience.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  This extended your life by almost 3 hours: .
                  Bast***s
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    dieing during takeoff is not a pleasant experience.

Dying

Commie English not what it aspires to be? Unless you happen to work in engineering. Squirrel bothering doesn't count, all nuts and no bolts.

If I'm going to go in a plane crash I'd much prefer a swift one on take-off or landing than dropping from 30,000 feet knowing full well that's your last minute or so on Earth. Talk about a brown-trouser moment. More like a plane full of brown-stuff moment.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

It followed a collision involving a lorry carrying several cylinders of oxyacetylene, a gas used in welding.
                      And here I thought it was acetylene gas that was mixed with oxygen gas at the point of ignition rather than just combining it all in one big cylinder.

Anyway can't have been much of a
                      potentially explosive chemical
                      if crashing it at 70mph didn't set it off. Just roll the things over to the hard shoulder and let the traffic through. Bloody Health and Safety wimps.

K

Comment

Working...
                      X