• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pcg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your replies everyone, much appreciated.

I joined today - got the Plus package.

For half a days work per year, I feel it's very worth it, and has already put my mind at ease on a number of issues.

Dont worry though, no forum could ever replace you lot
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Except of course it transpires that most of you are opted in anyway....
      If it wasnt for these fecking chooks it wouldnt matter if you were opted in or out or shake it all about BECAUSE opting in or out or shake it all about wouldnt exist!

You forgot to mention that they're the same bunch that have encouraged the government to bring in Income Shifting legislation. They wouldn't let it lie.
      So what, there are plenty of other groups pushing for incoming shifting. Mind you, given the pcg's track record they will probably f8ck this one up too!

F8cking morons!

Mailman

Comment

I'm a member for the insurance. The rest of it is bogged down in red tape, empty promises and self-important bureaucracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post

So what, there are plenty of other groups pushing for incoming shifting. Mind you, given the pcg's track record they will probably f8ck this one up too!

F8cking morons!
          Unfair.

Certain other small business organisations have been protesting about Income Shifting in the media as they realise it effects them as well not just IT Contractors or the freelancers PCG campaigns for.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thank you for your valuable contribution. Just two observations:

You can opt in to the agency regs without doing anything at all, so the presence of an opt out - which has a value to some freelances or it wouldn't be there - is completely immaterial if you think it's some kind of bad thing. Of course you still have to do the contract negotiation thing, but you would be doing that anyway, wouldn't you?

Secondly the PCG are the only group fighting the Family Business Tax - the "big" guys are all worrying about CGT changes and the FSB - with its 250,000 members, all of whom are probably in the firing line had they the wit to notice it - haven't even got it on their agenda yet.

So stuff you, at least some of us are doing something other than shouting futilely in the corner.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              So stuff you, at least some of us are doing something other than shouting futilely in the corner.
              The thing is though it takes ages for the PCG to actually do anything. How long was AgencyWatch "coming soon" for example? If it's a question of resources bung a hundred quid on the membership rates and get more staff on board.

Take away the insurances and it looks a lot less attractive option. As an organisation it has a complex management structure that is as non-transparent as could be, the standard reply is "coming soon, watch this space" etc then silence. I could go on. There's still nothing on the front page about the recent IR35 losses and the 'go sign this petition' frankly is one step up from Facebook.

The potential for the PCG is huge and I really believe we as contractors need a unifying body. Current PCG may not be it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                The thing is though it takes ages for the PCG to actually do anything. How long was AgencyWatch "coming soon" for example? If it's a question of resources bung a hundred quid on the membership rates and get more staff on board.

Take away the insurances and it looks a lot less attractive option. As an organisation it has a complex management structure that is as non-transparent as could be, the standard reply is "coming soon, watch this space" etc then silence. I could go on. There's still nothing on the front page about the recent IR35 losses and the 'go sign this petition' frankly is one step up from Facebook.

The potential for the PCG is huge and I really believe we as contractors need a unifying body. Current PCG may not be it though...
                Totally agree - and several of us movers and shakers have said the same things internally. We may even have got a reaction from our new management.

There are complex reasons for the apparent inertia (some of which isn't inertia, merely bad communications) that have been recognised and are being acted on, and I agree the news management on the website is appalling (and that has been raised a few times too, up to and including last Saturday's meeting). So I know it's a cracked record, but bear with us a little longer...

And FWIW I think Agency Watch (and Agency Partner) is a waste of time. Far better to focus on Hector and his operational failings IMHO
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Totally agree - and several of us movers and shakers have said the same things internally. We may even have got a reaction from our new management.

There are complex reasons for the apparent inertia (some of which isn't inertia, merely bad communications) that have been recognised and are being acted on, and I agree the news management on the website is appalling (and that has been raised a few times too, up to and including last Saturday's meeting). So I know it's a cracked record, but bear with us a little longer...

And FWIW I think Agency Watch (and Agency Partner) is a waste of time. Far better to focus on Hector and his operational failings IMHO
                  Professional?

Hah.

What are the qualifications for membership?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    What are the qualifications for membership?
                    £120.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                      £120.

HTH.
                      I was going to say "Beyond Churchill", but I prefer your answer!
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X