• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice sought re high interest accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Just trying to cheer up those that have bought a house recently
    I'm also 95% sure they are going down, and a strong chance it'll be a serious correction lasting quite a few years. I bought the big house for the more kids reason, in hindsight I should of held off but I'd held off the purchase for a few years already while they were cerating this mess with low interest rates. Don't worry about me I'm sitting pretty anyway, I just could of been in the market for buying a mansion on the cheap if I'd stuck to Plan A !

Comment

I worry about anyone who doesn't know the difference between "of" and "have".

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        I think the Euro has had its good run, a few articles starting to appear that the problems in Euroland may well be worse than UK and the US. 50/50 which way the sterling v euro exchange rate will go.
        Perhaps. But the value of German labour is high. Germans make things the world wants (even China). Germans sell their labour for Euros; ultimately you need to buy Euros to avail of German talents. A more interesting question is can Germany prop up the rest of the Eurozone. As for Britain, I fell this the end of the end. A culmination of a process of managed decline that started in 1914. For the future, look east.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
          What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
            Not sure if it is an infant school days mistake or something I've picked up in later years. Please feel free to correct at will.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Can anyone recommend a high-interest personal savings account for a sum of around 20k that pays interest to the account monthly and has good customer service?
              Cater Allen

and you can have Sterling, Euro and Dollar accounts if you want
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Not sure if it is an infant school days mistake or something I've picked up in later years. Please feel free to correct at will.
                surely, it's a misspelling of:

should've

tim

Comment

Working...
                X