• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown gives £825 million to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd rather the money went to india than spent sending our troops in search of some mystical WMD's
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      i'd rather the money went to india than spent sending our troops in search of some mystical WMD's
      Even better the money should be left in the pockets of the taxpayer
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I would much rather it was spent on our troops than on India. That way when something goes wrong and we start getting attacked our boys will be able to defend our country. In the mean time less of them will die abroad for little reason.

Comment

hmmm interesting:
          apparently this will be seen as a "sinister tie-up between India and Israel by the middle east"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7199736.stm

I think we have to keep India on side.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            hmmm interesting:
            apparently this will be seen as a "sinister tie-up between India and Israel by the middle east"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7199736.stm

I think we have to keep India on side.
            Considering that many muslims live in India (I belive that the person running the country at the moment is a muslim too) I would suggest that this is a load of crap. Standard media lets make somethign up to make the story seem a bit more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
              Considering that many muslims live in India (I belive that the person running the country at the moment is a muslim too) I would suggest that this is a load of carp. Standard media lets make somethign up to make the story seem a bit more interesting.
              Manmohan Singh is a Sikh.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                Considering that many muslims live in India (I belive that the person running the country at the moment is a muslim too) I would suggest that this is a load of carp. Standard media lets make somethign up to make the story seem a bit more interesting.
                muslims in india are seen as being at the bottom of the ladder and have one of the worse literacy rates in the country
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

muslims in india are seen as being at the bottom of the ladder and have one of the worse literacy rates in the country
                  Same as muslims over here then
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Beavis View Post
                    Dudes - seems pants to give aid to a country that has nuclear weapons and a space program
                    Well it sounds like a lot of money but a quick calc shows that it is about 18.74 rupees (24p) a year per person if everyone in India gets an equal share.
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
                      Well it sounds like a lot of money but a quick calc shows that it is about 18.74 rupees (24p) a year per person if everyone in India gets an equal share.
                      Thats half a days pay for some people
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X