• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Newcastle manager!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm Keegan spent £80m when he was there last time and won nothing. Now players are much more expensive. Persoanlly I think he is a bit of an over excitable knob. He had his chance to win in 96 (i think) and blew it by changing the way his team played. He bought Asprillia and changed tactics to accomodate him - his team were running away with it at the time. Also Fergie much have laughed his big red nose off when he made that outburst.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      He bought Asprillia and changed tactics to accomodate him - his team were running away with it at the time.
      Asprilla was a touch of pure genius class at times!! One of the most skillful, beautiful to watch players I've ever seen...again at times.

Other times he would just run...run Apsrilla, with your giant legs runs.
      "Where's he running?" "Who knows"

The guy was "exciting"

But yes, we did massively blow our chances that season (I can't remember the exact year either - possibly denial)

Everyone just got overly excited and thought we had it in the bag (which we almost did). Alas it wasn't to be.

I'm just going to take last nights 4-1 victory as a sign and look to the future with a Keegan tear in my eye and hope in my heart (oh wait, that last bit was Liverpool...)

to all.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

"I'm just going to take last nights 4-1 victory as a sign and look to the future with a Keegan tear in my eye and hope in my heart (oh wait, that last bit was Liverpool...)"

Because with Keegan in charge you might be playing the likes of Stoke a lot more often.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Because with Keegan in charge you might be playing the likes of Stoke a lot more often.
          In the spirit of football banter, could you not have at least put a at the end of that sentence?!!!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyblair View Post
            Newcastle? That's my team isn't it? Right.
            Forget it Tony. You were rumbled on this long ago.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how much money he has to spend, because without it Newcastle won't be playing free flowing attacking football.

I can't see him turning Alan Smith, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton into sexy footballers in the Ginola mode ?

And Viduka is no Andy Cole/Shearer/Ferdinand etc...

At least McDermott's job is safe. I wonder if Lawro is going to be brought back as defensive coach

Best of luck, but I think this decision wasn't made with the head.

He record of buying strikers at Man City was awful, so I think you are going to have to rely on Mr Me Me Me (Owen).

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Kev is a decent man and was a great footballer but he sucks at management.
                seconded!
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

"He record of buying strikers at Man City was awful, so I think you are going to have to rely on Mr Me Me Me (Owen)."

On 5 live this morning they read a bit from Owens book suggesting that they don't see eye to eye - suprising really as they are both short @rses.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Regardless of the extent of his skill as a manager (the extent of his skill at playing is not in question) what I loved about him was his honesty. I shall never forget his words when he quit as England manager. So, regardless of what happens with the team I look forward to more of his openness. I can only hope this spreads to other teams in the league.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

"He record of buying strikers at Man City was awful, so I think you are going to have to rely on Mr Me Me Me (Owen)."

On 5 live this morning they read a bit from Owens book suggesting that they don't see eye to eye - suprising really as they are both short @rses.
                      Owen is only interested in 4 things, and probably in this order -

1. Himself.
                      2. England
                      3. Race horses
                      4. Club team

Comment

Working...
                      X