• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Newcastle manager!!!!!"

Collapse

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Maginka View Post
    Luv it!

Well I suppose I did eat too much over Christmas

Like I said footy aint in ya blood or the 20 odd thousand red plastic seats at your ground on a match day with no SMB to sit on them
    Your maths is appalling!

Still laughing fat boy? We're only 2 points behind you now

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It's a good job Sam Allardice got some points on the board otherwise Keegan (the messiah) would be sending them down

Don't worship false idols

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I wish we could play them every week.

Leave a comment:

• lambretta008
    replied
    2 draws, 4 defeats

three goals for, 16 against

The public gets what the public wants......

Leave a comment:

• Mr Maginka
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Has he actually won ANY trophies anywhere as a manager? Can't recall any.
    Well the only Silverware has been Championships but sadly in the lower divisions.... The 1st Division (which is now known as the Championship but us older dudes know as division 2) with Newcastle and Man City and I also think that he did it with Fulham the next level down. Nothing to shout about but the sets of all three clubs enjoyed them at the time

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I've just checked and NUFC have not gone up in the table since he started. I'd say it's time for them to do what they do best and sack him.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    They have the potential to be a "big" club, but sadly they never seem able to get past the potential phase. Can't see Keegan being any more successful this time round than last frankly, but time will tell. Has he actually won ANY trophies anywhere as a manager? Can't recall any.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Not "big" but "biggish".

Somewhere amongst Man City, Aston Villa, Everton and Spurs, who all have a bit of a glorious distant past and large following.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Maginka
    replied
    Big Club?

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    They are not a 'big' club.End
    This got me thinking and I would like to get the views of people... are Newcastle a BIG club? If the only prerequiste is trophies then no, but surely other factors come into play?

Top Players - Owen, Given, Duff, Shola
    Stadium - All top facilities
    Attendance - 52k each game
    Spending power - always paying big bucks (OK maybe not some of the wisest investments)
    European qualification - more often than not

What do other people think?? For what it's worth I think we are but surely I'll get lambasted.... "walking in a Keegan wonderland"

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole View Post
    Those shirts with 'king Kev printed on the back sum it up!

Still, it should be entertaining.
    I liked the Special K posters

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    They are not a 'big' club.
    He is not a messiah.
    There will be no real change.
    Deluded.

End
    Those shirts with 'king Kev printed on the back sum it up!

Still, it should be entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole View Post
    Howdy Sallyanne! Nice to see your still posting like crazy round here!

Oh, you've gone

Last edited by SallyAnne; 18 January 2008, 10:05.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    They are not a 'big' club.
    He is not a messiah.
    There will be no real change.
    Deluded.

End

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    The messiah returns - I've got my ticket for Saturday and I canny fookin wait

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    yay Stackpole!!!!

How you been mate?!!

<wanders off before answer is given>
    Howdy Sallyanne! Nice to see your still posting like crazy round here!

Oh, you've gone

Leave a comment:

Working...
X