• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Evidence, m'lud?
    Spoil a perfectly good cuk argument with facts eh!

He always said he favoured Britsh cars where possible - but they were so poor usually he could not find much positive.

These days so few British cars it makes no odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      The British car industry was destroyed by the British public who insisted on buying foreign models to the detriment of British industry.
      It happened to British products then, it's still happening now.
      Are there any British cars left? I know - I'll buy a caterham! With roof rack for the 3 kids!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Are there any British cars left? I know - I'll buy a caterham! With roof rack for the 3 kids!
        I don't think there are. Or many British products for that matter
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It's not just white middle class men who find him amusing, his appeal is fairly broad, I know many women who find him very funny (yes I do know many women).

His comedy obervations are second to none, he is the master of the over-exagerated similie. Sometimes though he shoots above his intelectual ability. He reminds me of a funny white van man you might meet in a pub,very funny in small doses but cannot be subjected to any serious scrutiny. I'm sure that's the way he likes it.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 August 2008, 18:41.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I don't think there are. Or many British products for that matter
            THe theory is we can import everything from China. One day not only will they make everything but they will also do marketing, financial services, IT, etcetc. What will we do then?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              It's not just white middle class men who find him amusing, his appeal is fairly broad, I know many women who find him very funny (yes I do know many women).

His comedy obervations are second to none, he is the master of the over-exagerated similie. Sometimes though he shoots above his intelectual ability. He reminds me of a funny white van man you might meet in a pub,very funny in small doses but cannot be subjected to any serious scrutiny. I'm sure that's the way he likes it.
              He often contradicts himself within an article. I remember his one of the family courts - spent first half saying they were evil beyond belief as they favoured women. Second half saying how men are totally stupid who cannot be left in charge of children - hence family courts totally correct! You can't have it both ways.

Comment

This is what annoys me when people are happy that we lost our manufacturing basis in this country. Lose it and you lose power, sooner or later you have to start singing to someone else's tune, those who spoon feed your consumers. The USA will realise the same lesson in the next 15-20 years
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This is what annoys me when people are happy that we lost our manufacturing basis in this country. Lose it and you lose power, sooner or later you have to start singing to someone else's tune, those who spoon feed your consumers. The USA will realise the same lesson in the next 15-20 years
                  Who do you think is developing "Star Wars"?

I'll give you a clue, the septics can't develop software for toffee!

Comment

and to think I thought it was all George Lucas' work, you learn something new every day

Comment

This was an observation I took away whilst working in Norway recently, manufacturing was at a level the UK has not seen in years. Even though the cost was production was high there was no shortage of customers.

The pride they had in their work nearly brought a tear to this engineer's eye...

Dyson recently tried to build an engineering school in Bath only to be turned down by the government, he's been offered a patch of ground for his school in the US.

Doomed.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X