• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boarding School

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a confusion between public schools (caning, fagging etc. )and private schools - the parents pay for their children to go there. The first is a subset of the second. The second has a wide variety of philosophies.

There are still in existence state boarding schools - some of the remote Scottish Isles for example send their kids to such institutions.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      There seems to be a confusion between public schools (caning, fagging etc. )and private schools - the parents pay for their children to go there. The first is a subset of the second. The second has a wide variety of philosophies.

There are still in existence state boarding schools - some of the remote Scottish Isles for example send their kids to such institutions.
      Mine was a state boarding school.

Education paid for by the state (like a comprehensive). Boarding paid for by parents.

although I think the education was better by virtue of the fact it was a boarding school.

Oh and Yes - it was compulsory Rugby - but then all lessons were compulsory!
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Went to a crappy comprehensive, don't need Friends Reunited to find former classmates, just need to contact Barlinnie Prison for visiting hours.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Went to a carppy comprehensive, don't need Friends Reunited to find former classmates, just need to contact Barlinnie Prison for visiting hours.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X