• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blu Ray wins!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Hercules mono.
    Bah! Trust you to be stuck in the Silurian age.

I'm a CGA man myself. Nothing less than 16K static video RAM will do for my demanding applications.

Just look at those eye-popping magentas, groovy cyans and those jaggy circles.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      I went and built exactly the same 3 weeks ago, all wrapped up in a nice and shiny/girlfriend friendly Antec Fusion v2/430 case, 2x500Gb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II's disks, 8Gb high speed Kingston RAM, Intel quad core Q6600 and a silent set of fans (again girlfriend friendly).. complete overkill i know for a HTPC but it makes for a great gaming pc when on my own.. let me know how it goes TLG.

All in cost around £1,000, although i did shop around and visit the usual suspects:

Dabs
      Aria PC
      Microdirect
      The Cooling Shop

<Chef in "it was cold, i was bored so I bought a new PC" mode>
      I am looking at a Zalman 160XT+ box with a 7" touch screen. A 150 Raptor main drive and 2 Western Digital 500 gig secondarys. 8600 with hdmi out for graphics. Possible liquid cooled processor and graphics card.
      Not sure on motherboard but want the core 2 quad core

The raptor has a viewing window (god knows why) and there is a chassis designed with a window to show it. Not sure if thats cool or kitsch.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Possible liquid cooled processor and graphics card.
        Liquid cooling is great. Get the temperature right and you can put tropical fish in the case, which is why so many have those windows in the side. Just remember to tape up all the gaps before filling with water.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
        X