• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wierd PM From Turing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    rofl - can't make it out from the avatar but the link is hilarious.

Comment

I got that message from Turing on 11th July 2007, 19:25.

I ignored it.

turing
      Not worth listening to

Admins, given that turing has been spamming with this since last July and hasn't made any posts, might it not be reasonable to assume that he/she/it might be bannable? Or is it one of Zeity's Cunning Plans?

If the latter, it might be safer to let it go rather than incur the wrath of the Giant Alien Lizard...

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
        So who on here has not heard from Turing?!
        I haven't.

Who is he / she / it?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I got a copy at about 13:00 and forwarded it to ferret & administrator.

Quite amusing: a Buddhist spammer!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Maybe you only get it if you show up as being online.

I feel like I'm missing out
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              I got a copy at about 13:00 and forwarded it to ferret & administrator.

Quite amusing: a Buddhist spammer!
              Don't you realise that ferret and administrator are in on the whole thing?

You've given yourself away - now they know you're onto it they'll hunt you down...

Flee to the hills! It's your only chance

Comment

Cheers for forwarding on BI. Not had the PM myself and guess Administrator etc not had it either or something would have been done earlier.

From what I understand the moderation of new members also means that newbies cannot use the messaging system until they reach a decent post count. Turning reached joined the forum before this setting was added and therefore did not get bumped into this new group. Have now deleted all PMs he has sent and also banned the account.

Bumfluff - you may have to change that avatar, it took me half an hour to write this post as could not concentrate
                my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                  Turning
                  turing - that was a test, you know

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                  Bumfluff - you may have to change that avatar, it took me half an hour to write this post as could not concentrate
                  use dominant hand

Also a test...

Comment

Well, if you want weird...

... I give you this nutter

Methinks a CUK visit is in order, but probably best not seen from work.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      ... I give you this nutter

Methinks a CUK visit is in order, but probably best not seen from work.
                      He is a remarkable piece of the Internet - he advertised his site in the Private Eye classifieds for years

I see Jon Snow is still hounding him: "I was watching Jon Snow on Channel Four TV News on Wednesday 10 April, and he again reacted on seeing me watching his programme."

http://www.five.org.uk/evidence/evfiles/snow02.htm

...and Chris Tarrant:

Certainty level: 25%

This one might be aimed at me, or it might be tinged with a whiff of intent, although I only give one chance in four for Tarrant's thoughts being aimed at me when he said this. During his "Who wants to be a Millionaire" TV show in March 1999, he said;

if you're watching the show jumping up and down screaming at the telly,
                      remember you could be here. You can either seek professional help or call us...

The background is as follows. In early March I'd sent a quantity of emails to Capital FM, the London radio station where Mr Tarrant has his breakfast show. They were addressed to the email account which Mr Tarrant used to read emails posted on Capital's website. Capital objected to the quantity of emails - in fact, they contacted the Metropolitan Police's Computer Crime unit, who, in turn, "felt my collar" by giving me a verbal warning over the phone to cease this behaviour.

The emails contained the words which I had heard Mr Tarrant speak in early 1994, namely;

"You know this bloke? He says we're trying to kill him.
                      We should be done for attempted manslaughter".

At the time of writing (May 1999), the Police have not told me what aspect of the emails was "illegal", nor despite my repeated urging have they questioned Mr Tarrant about his remarks from 1994.

Regarding the clip from Tarrant's show above. The Police spoke to me on the afternoon of Wednesday 10 March 1999. Tarrant's live show went out that same evening. The Police have told me that after speaking to me they told Capital FM that they'd spoken to me regarding the emails. So Tarrant would have known by the time of the show who'd sent the emails and why.... and it's quite possible that his remarks about "seeking professional help" were aimed at me personally following my attempts to persuade him to own up to his 1994 remarks.

http://www.five.org.uk/evidence/evfiles/itvct99a.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X