• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOMED: Jobs collapse in US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think a doomed scenario is to be welcomed. Those who have not been wise will learn a lesson and those who have will reap the benefits ...Economic pain is a necessary medicine in the current climate of excess.
    I'm thinking that too, but I'd still rather have a choice of work around than have to scrounge for it. Have been saving hard for a few years in preparation for the ensuing debacle. Hopefully will get to pick up a few more assets on the cheap in a couple of year's time.

Comment

I'll have that blokes Porsche Cayman he was going to rent for £4K a month.

I likes them Caymans.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I likes them Caymans.
        You have no taste, my friend.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I likes them Caymans.
          Too late. Smart money says it was wrapped around a tree in the first week.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Wot he said, but spelled correctly...
            What he said, but with the correct spelling.

Comment

Economic pain is a necessary medicine in the current climate of excess.

Wow - they got you too then SG - whatever are you thinking ???

Ultimately debt does not matter - thats what many here dont seem to get - what we need are easier insolvency laws - its just a numbers game you know.

Have you seen the Bigger Piggies
              In their starch white shirts
              And for all the Bigger Piggies
              Life is getting Worse

Always have clean shirts
              Just to play around with ...

In their life theres something lacking
              What they needs a damn good whacking
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 January 2008, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You have no taste, my friend.
                Yes, an Aygo is more stylish and pleasing on the eye.

Aye.

Comment

Yes, an Aygo is more stylish and pleasing on the eye.

Aye.
                  Actually yes it is.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

Ultimately debt does not matter - thats what many here dont seem to get - what we need are easier insolvency laws - its just a numbers game you know.

In their life theres something lacking
                    What they needs a damn good whacking
                    Debt only matters for the little people. It gets them out to work, especially when we threaten to take their house away. It gets them focused, more productive and easier to control, thus increasing the surplus value of their labour to cream off.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

Does this mean that you grasped the opportunity to take on heaps of debt during these past years of excess?

Debt does matter to me - because I'm awaiting the time when it will be the ultimate cause of asset price deflation.

Comment

Working...
                      X