• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Marsden fire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear about your news, JogOn, and the circumstances surrounding your mother's experiences, whilst at the Royal Marsden.

My best friend recently lost his father just before Christmas. Before he died, very suddenly one night in his sleep, he was suffering from a terminal illness and severe memory problems like Alzheimers and it looked like he could deteriorate further for quite some time. My friends mother was finding it hard to cope as well because her husband was being cared for at home.

After he died, my friend also felt a sense of relief that he didn't suffer any longer. He told me that his father always feared dying and couldn't bear hospitals. Luckily he was saved from this torment.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this Jog On, a terrible time for your partner and you.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Next thing they'll charge for cremation services on top!
        Dow Jones you need to shut up and learn when to make comments and when not to, entiendes!?!

Jog On I hope all works out well.
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Thanks for the kind words all – it’s not my mum who’s going but I have lived with my girlfriend for 10 years now and know her mum quite well, they have a very very close relationship so this is going to hit her really hard, it kind of has so far but the worst is yet to come
          It will hurt you so much to see pain and suffering of your girl,as well as her mum. you all have my deepest sympathies, My heart goes out to you all.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Bad Joke

As someone said. Nothing more, nothing less. Not directed at the person, but at the incompetency of the hospital.
            Unlike some of the pious posters that joined in, I thought Jog On has been very courageous and dignified throughout the experience - to whom I would like to add my condolences and apologies for any offence I may have caused. To the few that resorted in insults, take a pop instead at the incompetent hospital and fire service (based at Kings Road - round the corner) that let this happen.
            Last edited by Dow Jones; 3 January 2008, 10:45. Reason: Grammar!

Comment

Working...
            X