• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas job slump...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here seems to be more "market activity".

I think its becuase there is not the 4 days off in a row we had last year were people too the 3 in the middle off to have almost 11 days off in total and people are actually back at work so sending out the "i need" messages to pimps.

Comment

What line of work you in Sock?
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
        He is a trucker (drives trucks).

HTH

Comment

I always wanted do the horn on one of those articulated vehicles. Hmmm I think I'm coming down with something.
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

I am a logistics contractor - design warehouses, logistics networks etc. Basically lots of number bashing then some suggestions on what kit to use etc.

I also have a plan B which does involve driving trucks. Like this week. Client doesnt want me on site so been hauling stuff round for Argos, in the middle of dying of flu.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Shut it ruskie!

Comment

I always wanted do the horn on one of those articulated vehicles. Hmmm I think I'm coming down with something.
              I had one once where they had replace the air horn on the cheap with one from a car. Now to me a horn should be proportionate to the size of the lorry....I felt like I had lost a limb with this puny horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                been hauling stuff round for Argos, in the middle of dying of flu.
                How much do you get for hauling stuff around? Can you do it without having to drive a massive lorry?

Comment

Rate is £16/hour for C+E work Ltd rate. You can get C1 if you have had your licence since before 1 Jan 1997 - but that pays naff all as every man jack has the licence. Probably £6.50 an hour.

Not going to set the world on fire but done 30 hours this week which is 500 squid that I wouldn't have seen.

Comment

Working...
                  X