• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair: Your are Forgiven!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    The man is a true leader.
    He dragged this country out of the dark ages and pushed us striding into the future.
    He has left a legacy to be proud of, and those that follow in his footsteps will have to take great strides in national and international diplomacy to match the tremendous pace of the path he has left for them to follow.

We should bow down to his wisdom and foresight. worship at the feet of the great man.
    You'll have to do better than that.

Btw, Religion, the last refuge of the scoundrel.

What's the betting he joins Opus Dei?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      What's the betting he joins Opus Dei?
      I thought he already practised it. His foreign policy seemed to be influenced more by belief than by facts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Why him (Straw)? He seems to be a decent guy.
        No he is not. After 300 years of independence as a law Lord, the position of Lord Chancellor is now a political post in the Labour cabinet (that should ring a few bells with you Alexei). That is Jack Straw. Did you see him assume the black tights for the opening of parliament?

And apart from politicising the justice system, he was out of his depth at the Foreign Office, and you don't need me to remind you what a mess the Home Office became after his years in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          After 300 years of independence as a law Lord, the position of Lord Chancellor is now a political post in the Labour cabinet (that should ring a few bells with you Alexei).
          I think it is wrong they made it political - I think it started from this weasel Falconer, I strongly dislike him, but Straw is a good guy, even though he should not have accepted this post.

Straw was sure out of his depth in Foreign Office, but then again who isn't right now? They need proper strong diplomat in charge there, not politically elected figure. Same really goes for MoD.

It's a pity Cook died - he was definately decent chap.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I thought he already practised it. His foreign policy seemed to be influenced more by belief than by facts.
            I thought his foreign policy was dictated by the chimp in the Oval Office.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Just for clarity:

The spikes on Traitors Gate are currently reserved for:
              • Blair
              • Prescott
              • Brown
              • Straw
              • Blunkett
              • Darling
              • Hoon
              • Hewitt
              • Kelly
              • Milliband

the rest will just be beheaded

HTH
              What about Dawn Primillo (sp?) surely she should have a spike reserved as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                What about Dawn Primillo (sp?) surely she should have a spike reserved as well!!
                Feck... how did i miss that?....we need more spikes!
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Btw, Religion, the last refuge of the scoundrel.
                  I join the Catholic Church next week. In case I am unemployed and can't send the kids private.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Tony Blair: Your are Forgiven!

After lying to the nation and having blood on hid has for Iraq, Tony Blair is betting both ways by converting to a Roman Catholic.

A quick confession and a few Hail Marys and all will be forgiven.

In order be a Roman Catholic Tony Blair must believe that babies are born sinners.
                    Only Roman Catholics can go to Heaven.
                    Contraceptives are sinful.
                    Bread and Wine does really turn into the Body and Blood of Christ at Mass.
                    Oh yes and You are or you're, not your are

Comment

Working...
                    X