• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed Cameras / Speeding tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    No thanks am not that crazy - don't have the time and can't be bothered, as someone else said I can opt for the speed course, so will do that.

btw: I know someone who went to court, and did end up paying £1000 fine and 3 points instead of the £60
    Oh if you can do a speed course deffo go for it, the objective is no points on your license. Bear in mind they aren't always offered though.

To pay £1000 he/she probably didn't prepare for it and stood in court saying i dunno mate, or i wasn't me honest guvnor, despite all the evidence proving that it was.

It's worth going through the pepipoo site anyway just to find out what your rights are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      Good site.

Here is another one :-

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/how.htm

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Petrol should be £10 per liter, but diesel at current level
        What a silly suggestion. This would make beer cheaper than petrol, its difficult enough trying to avoid getting done for drink driving without having the car p1ssed up as well

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          Oh if you can do a speed course deffo go for it, the objective is no points on your license. Bear in mind they aren't always offered though.

To pay £1000 he/she probably didn't prepare for it and stood in court saying i dunno mate, or i wasn't me honest guvnor, despite all the evidence proving that it was.

It's worth going through the pepipoo site anyway just to find out what your rights are.
          I always find it hilarious the numbers of people sentenced who say something like "I didn't do it, therefore how can they possibly find me guilty?" with some sort of bizarre expectation that being honest and telling the truth is enough. Planks.

I even know, not speed camera related, of a Scottish policewoman who ended up in jail primarily due to that kind of attitude. Which is a perfect example of someone who should have known better.

Remember there are people on this board who have a far better understanding of how these speed cameras operate, and what their capabilities are, than any 'expert' witness the courts are likely to dredge up, and it's not even our field!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X