• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goldman Sachs' sub-prime bet pays off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Being of County Cavan stock myself I think you're making assumptions again.
    So you made the bit up about your granny from the Shankill then?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      So you made the bit up about your granny from the Shankill then?
      My Maternal Grandmother is from Belfast.

My Paternal side of the family has been traced to County Cavan.

When/if they find who your father was, you'll be able to complete you family tree too!

Comment

My Maternal Grandmother is from Belfast.
        Nuff said!

My Paternal side of the family has been traced to County Cavan.
        Oh yes, there he is in this old sepia photo..........the ugly looking f00ker with the bowler hat and sash cuddling the goat.

Well I am sure with forebears of that ilk you have had no trouble turning into the modest self-effacing diplomatic wag we all recognise you to be.
        Not so much a Family Tree as a thicket, is it?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Make the connection ...
          Because the Chinese are smart and planning decades ahead, they certainly don't allow their banks to waste time and money playing financial games, so they focus on real deal - time comes they will buy City, only I reckon they will fire 80% of people there. So learn Mandarin if you don't want to be among them.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Nuff said!

Oh yes, there he is in this old sepia photo..........the ugly looking f00ker with the bowler hat and sash cuddling the goat.

Well I am sure with forebears of that ilk you have had no trouble turning into the modest self-effacing diplomatic wag we all recognise you to be.
            Not so much a Family Tree as a thicket, is it?
            Now who's the bigot?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              this is market manipulation.
              Of course it is, it's what they do. Gold price, George Soros, etc etc etc It's happened before and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, your opinion points towards fundamental ethical and moral changes in the banking system which will never happen.

I'd go and get a Co-Op bank account. They're ethical, apparently...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Because the Chinese are smart and planning decades ahead, they certainly don't allow their banks to waste time and money playing financial games, so they focus on real deal - time comes they will buy City, only I reckon they will fire 80% of people there. So learn Mandarin if you don't want to be among them.
                You missed the point of my statement. But no surprise there.
                And you talk such bollocks that a 9 year old would be ashamed.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  Unfortunately, your opinion points towards fundamental ethical and moral changes in the banking system which will never happen.
                  It is not a question of morality or ethics - market manipulation is very bad for the market, so it has to be eliminated, especially when it happens so blatantly as it is done by hedge funds - there are already calls from economists to look at this situation with shorting stocks - a lot of it happens when those guys don't even OWN stocks.

Comment

Now who's the bigot?
                    A bigot can be defined as someone who displays hatred and intolerance of an ethnic or racial group. So that would still point towards you with your anti-Scots fixation. I have a great affection for the Irish as a whole and fairly strong family connections, so that obviously rules me out of the whole "bigot" thing.
                    No, what I am doing is deriding you for your arrogant snooty outlook. Something different altogether, and great fun in a float-bobbing kind of way.

Comment

It is not a question of morality or ethics - market manipulation is very bad for the market, so it has to be eliminated, especially when it happens so blatantly as it is done by hedge funds - there are already calls from economists to look at this situation with shorting stocks - a lot of it happens when those guys don't even OWN stocks.
                      Of course shorting happens without owning stocks- that's the whole premise of the trade you imbecile.

Market manipulation is a matter of fact in a capitalist society - build a bridge, get over it. Or if you prefer we can all go back to communism, because we all know how free, transparent and closed to manipulation that system is.

NR didn't go down because people were shorting their stock. It went down because the media blew their loans from the BoE out of all proportion and inflamed the masses to try and get their money out before the bank collapsed (which was never going to happen).

If you want to rant about anything, rant about the media conglomerates manipulating "below average joe" into buying a house when he can't afford it.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X