• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goldman Sachs' sub-prime bet pays off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Nope, most definitely not true. I love my life and am a very friendly guy. I just said, by analogy, that I don't miss you haunting these boards in a cabbage fart in a council house kind of way. That's not aggressive, it's just a statement of fact. You're incredibly dull, and you've got a massive problem with Scottish people, which I personally find to be borderline racist. Maybe the reason you find Scottish people aggro is due to you being such a bigot.

I don't get into fights as a rule, as I grew older I realised no one wins and it's a braver thing to walk away. But I'd certainly handle myself if someone did feel the need to 'punch my lights out', though strangely enough I never seem to get into that kind of situation - is it a common problem for you (I can imagine it is).
    There you go making assumptions, why do you do it?

As for being dull? You and many others may find me dull. That won't keep me awake at nights. However what I do try to do is be original. If that's dull in your eyes then so be it.

Personally, I don't think I'm racist or bigoted. In fact the only people to accuse me of being such are SB and yourself. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on the common denominator there.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      As for being dull? You and many others may find me dull.
      There is no "may" about it!

what I do try to do is be original. If that's dull in your eyes then so be it.
      Nothing wrong with originality churchill, but where it goes awry for you relates to your spectacularly abysmal success rate in achieving it. Small wonder you and alexei are forming such a bond of late.

Personally, I don't think I'm racist or bigoted. In fact the only people to accuse me of being such are SB and yourself. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on the common denominator there.
      The most obvious conclusion being that YOU are the common denominator.
      I very much doubt we are the only ones to have noticed your hostility, but if it makes you feel better about yourself to live in denial then please carry on. Let's be honest, with your background there was never really much hope of a rounded individual emerging from the mix was there?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Look at NR - when they had problems big Hedge Funds started shorting their stock - it became one of the most shorted stocks and it made matters worse for NR. In effect guys with money gang up on it hoping that Govt will buy them out in full and they make lots of money from shares. Bad bet in the UK (they should have remembered Railtrack), but anyway such betting made matters worse to NR - this is market manipulation.

Banks should invest money into companies that make services and products needed by the market and banks should profit from dividends paid by those companies, not by clever financial games that screw up markets.

IMO the solution is high rate of global tax that penalise speculation in shares - 90%+. If City boys are so smart then perhaps they will indulge in a bit of real company creation, find cure for cancer, solve world energy crisis and more. In the meantime they are just effing up everyone with their games apart from themselves.

Oh Dear.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Let's be honest, with your background there was never really much hope of a rounded individual emerging from the mix was there?
          Oh do elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            a massive problem with Scottish people
            not sure what this has to do with Goldmine Sachs - but all the Scottish people I have ever met have been lovely. Until they start talking about the English. I just don't understand why if England are playing France the Scots will support France. I never care who Scotland play.

I wish it were possible to have a sensible discussion on these boards about this.

Comment

Your "chip on the shoulder" borderline paranoid defensive traits.
              It genetic for the Scots, do not be to harsh on them, they do not even realise how pathetic they are.

Comment

Oh do elaborate.
                We are all the sum of a number of ingredients. Let's just say that recipes involving too heavy a dollop of "Presbyterian Ulster" are seldom held up as shining examples of even-handedness. But I am sure you know where I am coming from with this.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I wish it were possible to have a sensible discussion on these boards about this.
                  Me too

Unfortuantely the scots on this board are Snaw, SB and DavieJones.. so chances of an adult discussion are practically zero.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You'd better start learning Chinese language - the way it goes you will soon need it.
                    Like you had to learn English?

Make the connection ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      We are all the sum of a number of ingredients. Let's just say that recipes involving too heavy a dollop of "Presbyterian Ulster" are seldom held up as shining examples of even-handedness. But I am sure you know where I am coming from with this.
                      Being of County Cavan stock myself I think you're making assumptions again.

Comment

Working...
                      X