• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phones - why leave them at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a bit from south park as my mobile ringtone for a bit. The part where Timmy is the singer in a rock band. I had to get rid of it as it was a bit too abrupt. The office would be really quiet with people working/wasting time on the net and then all of a sudden .............. TIMMMY ..... TIMMY..... TIMMY ... TIM .. . TIM ... TIMMMY. It's quite funny to watch everybody around you jump!

I don't even know what sound my phone makes anymore as I leave it on silent all the time now.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If someone continually leaves their phone on their desk, just answer it and say "Morning, NSU Clinic"...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        I hate the pretentious James Blunts who have classical music as a ringtone to try and convince you how educated and superior they are.
        Is this cockney rhyming slang?

Comment

That would be a "pretentious James", you berk.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

a phone should make a ringing noise anything else and you are officially a chav
            Someone here has the theme tune from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" as a ringtone - definitely cool, really startles everyone and makes them smile when it goes off.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
              Someone here has the theme tune from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" as a ringtone - definitely cool, really startles everyone and makes them smile when it goes off.
              Cowboys, the lot of you!

Comment

Working...
              X