• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Times magazine article on Mckanns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I can appreciate this level of publicity in the first few weeks when the chances of locating the person are the highest, and also in case if detectives find new details like CCTV image of the abductor etc, however current level of publicity in my view is now counter-productive to what they try to do.

Fair enough, but full marks to them for trying. It's what I would do. And I would be just as stiff-upper lipped about it. You can cry in private but no need to be full of the mawkish Diana-death-like sentiment that modern Britain seems to expect.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

True that in their position I'd try the same because the thinking would probably be that more publicity is better than no publicity, but I think they reached the point when it becomes counter-productive.

Comment

True that in their position I'd try the same because the thinking would probably be that more publicity is better than no publicity, but I think they reached the point when it becomes counter-productive.
        I don't agree. If she is still alive, keeping her picture in the public eye is more likely to get someone to spot her.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I don't agree. If she is still alive, keeping her picture in the public eye is more likely to get someone to spot her.
          Ok, how long to keep her picture in public, 1 year, 2 years, 10 years? Probability of finding her alive is next to zero now, in fact it is safe to assume it is zero. Meanwhile I am pretty sure that in other cases of missing children - they could be 12-13 years olds, there is bugger all publicity. McKanns should have used some of the money they got to maybe setup some kind of high profile charity where anyone can check photoes of ALL missing children, not just their own.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It wouldn't surprise me if that particular nutter was hearing voices...
            Kill all humans...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Agreed. Whatever you think about them, they've done a great job of keeping "the kettle boiling", as it were.

Pssssstt! It's "McCanns".

HTH
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Meanwhile I am pretty sure that in other cases of missing children - they could be 12-13 years olds, there is bugger all publicity. McKanns should have used some of the money they got to maybe setup some kind of high profile charity where anyone can check photoes of ALL missing children, not just their own.
                Ben Needham has been receiving publicity for 16 years.

Regarding the 2nd point the Fench have some organisation and it keeps pictures posted at ports, airports etc.

Comment

ASB, are you still helping out the fascists in Russia?

Comment

Yes, except I;ve got a couple of them work permits and we're working here at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                      Yes, except I;ve got a couple of them work permits and we're working here at the moment.
                      It is commendable that you got a few (presumably good) people out of there

Comment

Working...
                      X