• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Midlife crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    My husband (ex) had one - dyed his hair blue and started going out with his students.... I should have ended it then
    what did he do after that?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      My husband (ex) had one - dyed his hair blue and started going out with his students.... I should have ended it then
      I thought only old women dyed thier hair blue?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Anyone had one, having one or just looking foreward to having one.
        Pre-empt it to reduce the shock and prolong the pleasurable aspects.

e.g. start it early, say around age 30 and make it last as long as possible.

Far more fun. Besides I probably won't make it to "mid-life" age anyway what with my "enjoy life while it lasts outlook" so best to start early or I would just miss out.

Take a look at one of those lists of "100 things to do before you die", pick some you fancy doing and just get on with it. Do you want to be on your death bed thinking "I wish I'd done xxxxx".

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          No, there was that bloke in X-Men 2. But he was a film character so not the same really, I suppose.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post

Do you want to be on your death bed thinking "I wish I'd done xxxxx".

Where xxxxx is a girls name?

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
              Take a look at one of those lists of "100 things to do before you die", pick some you fancy doing and just get on with it. Do you want to be on your death bed thinking "I wish I'd done xxxxx".
              1. Take your head out of the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                what did he do after that?
                Shagged them - 2 of them, not at the same time I don't think but then I left him!

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I know
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Isn't midlife crisis the point when you suddenly realise that the vague future you dream of, where all things are possible, is behind you?

Comment

Two of my neighbours (both in their 50s) have bought Harleys in the last year.

They use them about once a month, driving very slowly and wobbly aound Surrey before bringing them back to be lovingly polished for a couple of hours.

My midlife crisis is going to be more fun than that.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Anyone had one, having one or just looking foreward to having one.
                      You can never be sure when you are at mid-life and therefore a mid-life crisis has no reason to exist.
                      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                      X