• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awful news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thats really horrible isn't it .... kinds puts everything into perspective! God love them!
    Whose God?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Your best mate died?!!!

Oh go, Jedi I'm so sorry

What the flip are you doing at a works do?!
      He died on the 1st of December so I've had time to reflect, as hard as it may be I’d be even more miserable if I stayed at home.

The worst thing was he kept his mates at a distance for the last few weeks as he didn't want us to see him in such a state so we had no idea it was so imminent.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        He died on the 1st of December so I've had time to reflect, as hard as it may be I’d be even more miserable if I stayed at home.

The worst thing was he kept his mates at a distance for the last few weeks as he didn't want us to see him in such a state so we had no idea it was so imminent.
        That's so horrible

One of my best mates got diagnosed with cervical cancer at the beginning of the year and I was devasted. It was the inoperable stage, so she had to go through Chemo and everything.

She pulled through though - Chemo worked, got to the operable stage, had it removed, and got the all clear! All in a year! Amazing!

I'm so sorry your friend didn't have the same luck jedi x x x x x
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Such a fragile thing life, yet we act like we are indestructable. Any unfortinate turn of events and it could be us. Some people should remember that, especailly those with attitudes. All the best Jedi, have a virtual pint
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Chemo 'ruins' the body's immune system, right?

Does the immune system 'recover' once chemo is no longer needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Yes, but it can take a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

It's like cracking a nut with a sledge hammer, it's likely to have some long term effects, but the alternative is far worse.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I can empathise with this – I found out recently a guy who sometimes sits next to me on the 7:22 train each morning, who I didn't know very well, recently died; and I read the obituary in the today’s Times and other people, famous people who I also didn’t know very well have died
                  I’m in despair & feel like crying

Awful, truly awful
                  Last edited by Troll; 14 December 2007, 14:26.
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    FFS - people are born & people die.... just get over it

It's the Diana syndrome all over again, the need to wallow in some kind of mawkish cathartic wailing ,gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair
                    There is a big difference in someone you know dying and the Diana hysteria.

Comment

I can relate to this as my other half’s mother is in hospital soon to be moved to a hospice, we’re told she’s going to go any day now (C) and they’re having conversations about things like where she’d like her ashes scattered.

It’s absolutely gut wrenching, let it out – it’s better out than in.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X