• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charidee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Some might prefer Charity 1 because they love cuddly animals.
    Look at Hempsley (whatever). The old bag left all her millions of dollars to her dog.
    And very grateful I was too!

Comment

5,000 - well done!

Obviously a long way to go before you catch up with the high-flyers here. Remember quantity does not mean quality.

Comment

I was nearly conned by a "Charity", or at least a publishing company linked to one.

Told me I had agreed to a spot on a wallplanner for a kids charity, I disagreed but they did a hard sell on me and told me I could delay payment almost indefinately or pay monthly. Like a fool I went a head and they recorded me saying "ok".

When I realised it was truely a scam and not me being absentminded (a real possibility) it took a couple of weeks of letters to solicitors and trading standards before they gave up. Grrr I wish I could swear on here.

And yes I realise I was a fool in the first place.
        http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

My motto is...

Charity begins at home: make sure your family is well looked after (and I don't define family as most do - within the 4 walls of their house). I mean especially your old parents/grandparents and uncles/aunts as they may live away and if you've got anything left, go down to the local Church (or mosque - for our muslim readers) and ask around. They'll tell you who needs what.

Comment

Yes.

There was a poll about it when Aurora Bloke was asking about it.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I give to a charity via the gift aid scheme, the cheeky feckers rang me up asking if I would consider giving more which made me a bit mad to the point where I felt like cancelling the DD, lucky for them I didn't.

Personally I prefer to give to overseas charities rather than one's here as I think we should be able to support our own through the tax system.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've sponsored my birthday on a big calendar up on the wall at the Royal Marsden, was £100.

I'm discussing some internet fund raising for the institute of radiologists.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  RSPCA... money
                  Self interest then?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I've sponsored my birthday on a big calendar up on the wall at the Royal Marsden, was £100.

I'm discussing some internet fund raising for the institute of radiologists.
                    I'd be up for that. Do you have a link?

Comment

I've done work for a charitable organisation at a vastly reduced rate. I reckon that counts.
                      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                      X