• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drunk driver attacked me this morning on Roskildevej

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    True, I am exceedingly fit, and contary to popular notions it ain't fat, it's muscle. I am also ex needing-'em-not-feeding-'em army. Always worry that in such situation the switch might flip back on. So I am quite concerned I would do significant damage before I realised.

Hence, the use of l33t cycling skillz to avoid the confrontation is the best solution I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      you should have just turned on the man love Threaded, then he'd have run a mile, or if your luck really was in he'd have..... <shudder>
      Hmm, think you're on to something there. If claret looks imminent, then that would be a fantastic insult to ensure he throws the first punch.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        True, I am exceedingly fit, and contary to popular notions it ain't fat, it's muscle. I am also ex needing-'em-not-feeding-'em army. Always worry that in such situation the switch might flip back on. So I am quite concerned I would do significant damage before I realised.

Hence, the use of l33t cycling skillz to avoid the confrontation is the best solution I feel.
        My father was the same, ex officer, amateur boxer and weight lifter. I recall his 'advice' to me on dealing with people in violent situations and that was that one should be very careful because people are so fragile. Eek. His ‘army talk’ was something to behold and extremely effective too, turning people all sorts of colours. Never seen anything else like it.

Comment

My ex, once had a bloke run up to her car as she was driving over a bridge, starting kicking the drivers door in, then just turned round and ran and jumped off the bridge commiting suicide, some ill people out there these days.

Comment

He must have been really pi55ed to miss a target that big.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              He must have been really pi55ed to miss a target that big.
              Absolutely.

You could really smell the drink.

Shows how easy a car is to drive. Maybe too easy.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Risky

Don't you think it's risking life and limb going on a bike with or without having to stop for a fight.
                I'd use a nice 4wd to cope with the weather and roads in Scandinavia.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
                  My ex, once had a bloke run up to her car as she was driving over a bridge, starting kicking the drivers door in, then just turned round and ran and jumped off the bridge commiting suicide, some ill people out there these days.
                  come on, she wasn't that ugly was she
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    you should have just turned on the man love Threaded, then he'd have run a mile, or if your luck really was in he'd have..... <shudder>
                    That's what Stephen Fry suggested to deal with bullies. "Please don't hit me, I'll only get an erection".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X