• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London restaurant recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No. But it's silly asking someone from a big empire where they were born, don't you think?
    And you call other people foreigners?

Hypocrisy worthy of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair combined!

Comment

Dont laugh at that. 10 years ago it was true, but now London is a match for both Paris and Rome. And if you don't think so, it's cos you're not dynamic enough.
      Well he didn't say a good restaurant in London (where there are many, totally agreed on that). He said "good british food", which is hard to find even in a city like London.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        And you call other people foreigners?

Hypocrisy worthy of Gordon Brown and Tony Blair combined!
        Do you think being born in a country makes you automatically of that country? The 7/7 bombers (to my immense sadness) didn't think so. What matters is that you have the values of the country, no?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Do you think being born in a country makes you automatically of that country? The 7/7 bombers (to my immense sadness) didn't think so. What matters is that you have the values of the country, no?
          Are you welsh?
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Dont laugh at that. 10 years ago it was true, but now London is a match for both Paris and Rome. And if you don't think so, it's cos you're not dynamic enough.
            Which is why I ignored Gino Ginelli's post.

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll look into them.

Oh, atw, keep up the good work of adding nothing of any merit to any threads.

Comment

Do you think being born in a country makes you automatically of that country?
              So why exactly you call other people foreigners?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Requirements:

Good (British) food
                Great atmosphere (trendy)
                London (East perhaps)
                Not OTT pricing

Anyone recommend anywhere?
                Try the Rosemary Lane on Royal Mint Street. Recommended (by me).

Comment

What's 24 like anyone ?
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    What's 24 like anyone ?
                    I was going to make an amusing quip about an increasingly incredulity stretching series of ever more unlikely scenarios befalling the world's most unlucky man, Jack Bauer.

But instead I shall say it is truly an excellent restaurant. Some of the finest British cooking going, but at a price. I can highly recommend the mutton.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                      Are you welsh?
                      Don't start that off again Francko
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X