• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fingers crossed folks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, dont take it out on the missus, its not her fault.

my missus got the big c in her womb in 2004, she had the full hysterectomy, and I ditched my contract to look after her. I took her for shrt walks after the op to get her fit again, 20 yards the first night, 30, 40 etc.

Whilst she was confined I went out and bought her one of those balsa wood construction kits of a rubber powered plane. We sat there for two weeks working out how to put it together. Then we went out to a local park and flew it. After a few flights it crashed, so I put it back together and hung it op in the garage.
    Every time she sees it she goes all gooey and romantic. She is now fully recovered, I hope everything works out ok for you also mate.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Tony, my sympathies - I hope it comes back quickly and clear, let's hope 2008 is a turnaround for you all.

Comment

Good lord, Tony - what a carppy time!

Hope everything turns out OK - and have a (manly) for 2008.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          flipkin hell I hate 2007 - but not as much as my wife.
          Might want to re write that. Sounds like you hate your wife rather than your wife hating 2007.

Comment

That's dreadful news mate - the wait will be horrible, but will hopefully come to nothing.

All the best, to you and your wife.

EO
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

very sorry to hear that Tone.

Puts everything into perspective and reminds us all how lucky we are.

All the best and fingers crossed,

Milan.

Comment

Yeah, best of luck tony and best wishes to your other half.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Waiting is the worst bit Tony, a horrible time. Whatever the results though I am sure you and your wife will be strong together through whatever treatment is needed.

My Xmas wish is that 2008 is a good year for the English clan.
                  my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Wish you & the wife the best Tony. I hope things turn out OK. In the meantime just keep doing what you're doing, work as normal as give her as normal a feeling as possible so that she doesn't feeling that you're going weak too. Be strong - she needs you to be strong, which you are right now.

Comment

Best of all Tony - 2007 is sure a carp year, 2008 should be better.

Comment

Working...
                      X