• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    Lasted about 9 years before the battery went, by then I fancied a change so ...
    I thought you'd say that you divorced her and married younger one who made you forget about watches...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Underwater welding & residual current sorted it right out. It acted like a sacrificial anode

Pretty sure that's not covered in the warranty, but you can't really blame the watch - right tool for the job & all that.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Anyone who pays more than £20 for a watch needs their head examined.
          £200,000

Threaded

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
            I feel the plain understatedness and veiled quality fit with my own view of myself.

Also for when those times a girl asks you the time just to see what kind of watch you are wearing so she can work out if you are worth talking to a little longer ;-)
            As somebody who's lived in a red-light district, I can assure you that when you're walking down the street and a woman asks "Have you got the time, deary" she's not actually looking for a conversation

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
              £200,000

Threaded
              2.5k - money well spent though, I could sell it for that again now if I wanted to (bought it 5 years or so ago)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                As somebody who's lived in a red-light district, I can assure you that when you're walking down the street and a woman asks "Have you got the time, deary" she's not actually looking for a conversation
                Gosh, I've never lived in a red-light district but I have worked in a few!

When leaving the office after working late and having to leave via the back entrance because the front doors were locked I often had ladies ask if I was looking for business.

I must have set my prices a little high since strangely I never managed to turn any of these leads into actual sales.

Comment

Gosh, I've never lived in a red-light district but I have worked in a few!

When leaving the office after working late and having to leave via the back entrance because the front doors were locked I often had ladies ask if I was looking for business.

I must have set my prices a little high since strangely I never managed to turn any of these leads into actual sales.
                  Sounds like an ideal job, except for the lack of sales. A bit of a bummer when you have to pay them.

Comment

Well mine says 300m on it and has the double clasp for easy fitting on the outside of your wetsuit.

I'm not a diver though (well, not that sort anyway) so I can't vouch for its abilities in the water. Only had it a year - last years Xmas pressie from other half ;-)

I didn't get it for bling but because I feel the plain understatedness and veiled quality fit with my own view of myself.

Also for when those times a girl asks you the time just to see what kind of watch you are wearing so she can work out if you are worth talking to a little longer ;-) Plastic just doesn't cut the mustard in those situations, does it.
                    We divers have a name for people like you - It's not nice and I shan't repeat it for risk of getting banned - again!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      We divers have a name for people like you - It's not nice and I shan't repeat it for risk of getting banned - again!
                      PM it to me?

Comment

Working...
                      X