• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Despite all the predictions about a mass pre-Xmas cull in the City, I haven't seen anything yet.
    At the slightest sign of recession, the BoE will drop its rates faster than some girls drop their knicks (in our office anyway), so I am not convinced yet by the Cassandras (AtW etc)

Are there any jobs going there?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I am not convinced yet by the Cassandras (AtW etc)
      "Optimists" like you wait until the fire starts destroying everything around them, and even at that point you'd say - great stuff, we will build a new city after the fire goes away and now let's have BBQ!

Comment

Nice one

Anytime TE, I like your posts, let you know (after the Xmas party, there are always vacancies!)

AtW, do me a favour!
        Last edited by Dow Jones; 11 December 2007, 14:59. Reason: Add TE

Comment

AtW, do me a favour!
          You will first need to settle this £100 debt that you agreed to yesterday. Are you familiar with the Russian expression "postavit na schetchik"?

Comment

You must be desperate

£ 100 was not a bet, but on condition that you would give me your details, account no/sort code, dob, etc - going rate for your compatriot hackers, isn't it?

Comment

At the slightest sign of recession, the BoE will drop its rates faster than some girls drop their knicks
              The Times today reported on its front page that banks are considering putting their rates UP. Regardless of BoE.

Comment

£ 100 was not a bet, but on condition that you would give me your details, account no/sort code, dob, etc - going rate for your compatriot hackers, isn't it?
                It was not a bet indeed, but my charge for educating you. You admitted the charge (thus assuming) debt, and asked for my bank details to pay it. I politely declined, the debt you agreed to still stands, so you need to pay it before I start charging you excessive interest rate - I should have charged you £1000, because in this case I would have been able to apply to court to declare you bankrupt, but looking at how life treated you I think it would be unnecessary

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It was not a bet indeed, but my charge for educating you. You admitted the charge (thus assuming) debt, and asked for my bank details to pay it. I politely declined, the debt you agreed to still stands, so you need to pay it before I start charging you excessive interest rate - I should have charged you £1000, because in this case I would have been able to apply to court to declare you bankrupt, but looking at how life treated you I think it would be unnecessary
                  FFS atw, isn't the dole and housing benefit enough for you?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    FFS atw, isn't the dole and housing benefit enough for you?
                    No. Next...

Comment

You just don't get it, do you - copying and pasting headlines by some Russian bird doesn't reflect what happens in real life, ie investment banks always have and always will buy pre-risk-assessed fixed-income (bonds). The risk factor varies from bank to bank and depends on how much they can afford to lose without going bust - unlike the NR scenario.
                      You seem to be pre-occupied with headlines, none of the major players have gone under as a result.
                      There have always been losses of a few hundred staff before Xmas - banks like to do that before the NY starts.
                      It is not a matter to be gloating over though.
                      How many banks when down during the last 80's/early 90's recession?

Didn't stop Mr smith getting robbed blind it?

Comment

Working...
                      X