• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The word on the street...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The word on the street...

Is that there is a new fuel protest starting Sat 15th December 10am.

Which is nice. Lets see if we can't get rid of brown and lower some fuel tax at the same time.

thought it was this wednesday ?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

http://www.transaction-2007.com/

Comment

yep i hear wednesday too.

www.petrolprices.com is where I found out
        cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Not good.

I commute 120 miles a week!

Looking like a week of B&B's.......

Bleeding muppets.

Comment

Nope, SP was right, tis Saturday:

----
            BREAKING NEWS
            ----

UPDATE: This morning (10/12/07) Transaction 2007 announced a firm date for the protest. Protests will start Saturday 15th December 2007 at 10:00am. They say the date was decided by members as "the best possible to enable those who would normally be working during the week to attend." According to a press release on the site, they plan to protest outside refineries or storage depots across the country.

Comment

Great, panic buying again, massive queues, and people still waiting for a pump on the filler side to become available
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Is that there is a new fuel protest starting Sat 15th December 10am.

Which is nice. Lets see if we can't get rid of brown and lower some fuel tax at the same time.
                So you'll be driving to the protest will you?

Comment

Nothing will change - they will simply say that if they reduce the tax here then they will have to increase it elsewhere. Also, they will point the finger at all those gas guzzling 4x4 which everybody knows have their own personal hole in the ozone layer.

After the last one I thought the govt had made these things illegal.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Blocking the fuel getting out is illegal.

Standing by the side of the road shouting "please don't drive that tanker anywhere" isn't..........

Comment

Working...
                    X