• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silly agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for the words "without prejudice" written in invisible ink.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      You are clearly hallucinating.
      Chicane, you have clearly taken too many drugs this lunchtime. I suggest you go and have a lie down, ready for the evening.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Chicane, you have clearly taken too many drugs this lunchtime. I suggest you go and have a lie down, ready for the evening.

It's all true, no word of a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          My agency has managed to lose the faxed copy of a timesheet sent to them at the beginning of November - they claimed they'd never even received it until I offered to sent the confirmation email they provide every time they receive a faxed timesheet.

It seems inevitable that I'll eventually need to find the original timesheet and re-fax it to them, but in the meantime I'd like some ideas on how to help them realise their own stupidity for managing to lose a timesheet, and then accusing me of never sending it. Idiots.
          File your timesheets after sending them. Email instead of faxing if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
            File your timesheets after sending them. Email instead of faxing if you can.
            What you say all makes sense - unfortunately the way in which most agencies work isn't often well aligned with the concept of sense.

This particular agency (amazingly in this day and age) requires contractors to fill in their timesheets online, print them out, get them signed, then fax them to the agency office. I tried pleading ignorance at the start of the contract by sending by email to no avail.

The previous contract was through an S3 agency and the timesheets and billing were entirely online - you fill in your timesheet, an email is sent to the client rep to show them your claimed hours, they click on a link in the email to confirm those hours and you get paid a couple of days later. I'm not full of kind words for the S3 agencies, but their timesheet system is the way things should be.

Comment

Working...
            X