• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idea to the mods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am British matey
    Just coz they gave you a Brit passport, doesn't make you a Brit you crazy Cossak goatherd.

And leave tpd alone
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      You guessed?

Here's an idea. The mods probably can' go listing IP addresses, but how about if we do suspect two IDs are the same person we request the mods to check if the IPs are similar, and they just reply yes/no. This way after only n! requests we will have found all the dasterdly frausters out!
      [QUOTE= administrator
      Administrator

Default Thanks!
      Hey Duder - thanks for proving my suspicions. Thought you were the sprite boy and the IP address info on Freelance UK now shows the obvious to be true [/QUOTE]

I been a baaad boy

Watch it you lot, they are on to us and quick off the mark

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I would like to see the ip address that a post was made from.
        As my IP address now changes every 5 min's impossible sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Just coz they gave you a Brit passport, doesn't make you a Brit you crazy Cossak goatherd.

And leave tpd alone
          Sorry, what should make you British then? Or what makes you think you are more British than him?

For the law he is as British as you are.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I'm 82.110.105.27
            No, I'm 82.110.105.27

spartacus

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
              Sorry, what should make you British then? Or what makes you think you are more British than him?

For the law he is as British as you are.
              If I move to another country, Iran for example, and they give me a passport.
              if I don't speak the language, I don't know or follow their customs, I don't understand or follow their religion. I am still an Iranian. No! I am A Brit with an Iranian passport.

As for what makes me more British. I can trace my lineage back over 400 years in Wales. born and bred. That is what makes me British.

All that aside, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone being granted British citizenship, as long as that person is a law abiding productive member of society.

Note: British citizen, or British National does not mean, British born and bred.
              Wake up and smell the coffee F, and stop trying to start an argument you can't win.

Comment

If I move to another country, Iran for example, and they give me a passport.
                if I don't speak the language,
                AtW speaks your language.

I don't know or follow their customs,
                AtW follows the british customs

I don't understand or follow their religion.
                What religion? In any case a citizen is not discriminated on the basis of religion almost nowhere in this world.

I am still an Iranian. No! I am A Brit with an Iranian passport.
                No, you would be an Iranian.

As for what makes me more British. I can trace my lineage back over 400 years in Wales. born and bred. That is what makes me British.
                Why do you think you get more rights for something you haven't lifted a finger for? In any case if you want to go further than you'd probably find out you have roman roots too and therefore you got to choose, Roma or Lazio?

All that aside, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone being granted British citizenship, as long as that person is a law abiding productive member of society.
                As long as this person is a "Serie B" citizen and will remain a foreigner whatsoever? And perhaps his children too (despite they had nothing to do with this)? They are less british than your children? Why? How about the english people who left abroad since they are 20? Do they help the country more than AtW does? But they are british because his grandparents did this and that? And so? Nope sorry, that is not how I would treat people in my own country.

Note: British citizen, or British National does not mean, British born and bred.
                Wake up and smell the coffee F, and stop trying to start an argument you can't win.
                Well, if you think that you get more rights for what someone else did, then you should also accept responsibilities for what wrong was done in the last 400 years (i.e. should give money back to the countries you enslaved and so on...)
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I have to agree with Francko, dammit!
                  atw is a fine addition to the country - he even takes our carp with grace.

PS Francko, you seem to have mellowed somewhat since you moved to Helvetica. I suppose the City is not for everyone.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I have to agree with Francko, dammit!
                    atw is a fine addition to the country - he even takes our carp with grace.

PS Francko, you seem to have mellowed somewhat since you moved to Helvetica. I suppose the City is not for everyone.
                    I assume the City is more challenging than other places for sure, however I don't live just for the pleasure of the challenge. Besides I might be back for next CUK xmas in London, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                      AtW speaks your language.

AtW follows the british customs

Yes he does and I welcome him wholeheartedly (and Paula)

What religion? In any case a citizen is not discriminated on the basis of religion almost nowhere in this world.

() get real

No, you would be an Iranian.

No I would be a Christian Brit with an Iranian passport, treated with suspicion and unwelcomed by 99% of the Iranian population. probably killed within a few years of moving there by some religious zealot.

Why do you think you get more rights for something you haven't lifted a finger for? In any case if you want to go further than you'd probably find out you have roman roots too and therefore you got to choose, Roma or Lazio?

Where in my post's do I say I have more rights ???? are you on something or reading the wrong post

As long as this person is a "Serie B" citizen and will remain a foreigner whatsoever? And perhaps his children too (despite they had nothing to do with this)? They are less british than your children? Why? How about the english people who left abroad since they are 20? Do they help the country more than AtW does? But they are british because his grandparents did this and that? And so? Nope sorry, that is not how I would treat people in my own country.

My wife was born in Germany and spent most of her life growing up in Hong Kong. I have recently returned from Faisalabad in Pakistan where I went on holiday with my Pakistani friend and his wife on holiday, to visit other friends of mine in Pakistan and to attend the wedding of my friends son in Islamabad.
                      Next Year I return to attend the wedding of his Niece in Faisalabad.
                      Don't you dare intimate that I am a Racist!

Well, if you think that you get more rights for what someone else did, then you should also accept responsibilities for what wrong was done in the last 400 years (i.e. should give money back to the countries you enslaved and so on...)

I did not enslave anyone. the very thought of slavery offends my every sensibility.
                      Slavery has been around for thousands of years, Britain was one of the last places that it reared it's ugly head.
                      Most of the countries that slaves were procured from, enslaved their own people and sold them all over the world.

You sir, have taken a joke, turned it into a debate, that has deteriorated into a bigger joke

Comment

Working...
                      X