• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices are opinion - debt is fact

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    the bloke I spoke to did a lot of heathrow and gatwick and railway stations work and worked nights at the weekend

granted he worked hard, but how many people have got somewhere without working ahrd ?

Milan.
    Milan - you should read "The Book Of Dave" by Will Self - enough to put anyone of the idea of cabbing (not mention marriage, religon and genetic engineering!)

Comment

thanks, I am currently not thinking of being a cabbie, Benes Plan B moves forward just fine.

Roots, you have to admit, bog standard in any techie area is going to pay the worst.

Sounds like, with the greatest of respect, you're just lazy, anyway leave the new fangled for me and we will all be happy

Milan.

Comment

Sounds like, with the greatest of respect, you're just lazy.
        Correct, it has served me well. My nickname at school was Idle 'surname' !

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Anyone need some FORTRAN IV?
          I've still got my Fortan and Pascal books on the shelf, just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            I've still got my Fortan and Pascal books on the shelf, just incase.
            Fortran
            in case
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

are taxi drivers the lower earners ?

I was talking to a taxi driver in woking and he owned the licence, cost him about 55k gbp and he reconned he was bringing in 3k a week.

Milan.
              Black cab drivers in London earn as much as your 'average' computer contractor

PS just started reading The Book of Dave
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                When the shoe shine boy starts giving stock tips. Sell.

Think about it. When the lower earners of society are all buying BTLs then who the hell is there left to rent.
                It's all true... 2 years ago I bought a Picasso for 430K, sold it last month for £2.1m

suckers...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The average cabbie earns 4 times as much as their average customer.

threaded in "Not a lot of people know that" mode.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

threaded in "Not a lot of people know that" mode.
                    You got that from Bottom
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X