• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone in Sheffield ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    What is quite funny is that the old Leeds Utd shop has closed and has now reopened as a 'anything for a pound' shop. They even have words to the effect written inside the place where the club logo used to be. Mind you anything for a pound would probably still be too much for Leeds Utd. I must remember to post that Christmas card to that nice Mr Risdale.
    I noticed that last time I was up there.

It was still open last Christmas. They had a special promotion with Dennis Wise behind the counter, but nobody could see him.

Comment

"Dennis Wise behind the counter"

A pound it still too much for him. One of the fisrt things I trained my son to say was Short @rsed Cokcney get when his name was mentioned.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Come to the manchester post christmas one
        Wot Manchester one???? Room for a small one by any chance?????

Comment

CUK Northern Xmas Doo

all invited
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            "Dennis Wise behind the counter"

A pound it still too much for him. One of the fisrt things I trained my son to say was Short @rsed Cokcney get when his name was mentioned.
            Tony can you change your avatar I keep mistaking your posts for the one with more fingers than teeth. Thanks.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Mine is clearly different. Mine has a false tash and glasses on.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                All this CUK meet-up talk has got me quite jealous. Unfortunately I seem to be the only poor sod stuck in Sheffield !!!
                Anyone care to dispute that ? Might be a beer in it for you !
                I was then mate, back there week starting 17th.

A few up from around the country for a night out on the 20th.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I'm stuck in Sheffield too.
                  Although I live in Leicester and am commuting.
                  Not much help, but I thought I'd share....

Comment

Working...
                  X