• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend know how much you earn?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    A friend of my wife is really jealous of our lifestyle.

She was moaning the other day baout paying her dentist £60 for an hours treatment. The response when I said "it's not that much, it's under £500 a day!" was classic.

It's nice when you earn more in a day than some lesser mortals do in a week. She hates it even more when I tell her I got where I am because I did that going to school thing, got a bit educated (not a lot, just enough!) and did that applying myself malarkey. She bagged my brother, got pregnant and went box stuffing in the Body Shop (and has since been made redundant), no sympathy there!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's nice when you earn more in a day than some lesser mortals do in a week. She hates it even more when I tell her I got where I am because I did that going to school thing, got a bit educated (not a lot, just enough!) and did that applying myself malarkey. She bagged my brother, got pregnant and went box stuffing in the Body Shop (and has since been made redundant), no sympathy there!
      That's just cruel, but I do like a biatch fight meoooooooowww

Comment

Wow some seriousness smugness going on here.

But being smug is fun sometimes I admit.

Comment

She's the only person I do the smug thing to just because it's just so much fun.

I earn enough to pay the bills, subsidise extended summer breaks, and cover the regular purchase of shiny kit. That keeps me happy and (almost) out of mischief.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Wow some seriousness smugness going on here.
            I never like smugness. Money isn't the most important thing in the world.

I only ever reveal that I am a contractor to mates, but still never tell them what I get paid. Anyone that doesn't know me gets told I am a lorry driver. Especially any chick I take out for meals etc. If they don't like me if they think I'm a trucker not going to like me when I am a contractor are they.

The only bloke I ever told what I get paid was some smug git that said "Lorry driver....all belly no brains".

Comment

The only bloke I ever told what I get paid was some smug git that said "Lorry driver....all belly no brains".
              He did have a point though.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                He did have a point though.
                Based on your extensive knowledge of lorry drivers no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  If they don't like me if they think I'm a trucker not going to like me when I am a contractor are they.
                  That's not entirely fair as there is a statistically higher risk that you will murder them in the back of your rig if you are a trucker rather than a contractor. That's bound to colour anyone's first impression.
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

But I dont have an extensive knowledge of lor..... oh I see where you are going with this.

Still think lorrie drivers are generally fat thickies. Harmless stereotypes are fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      All lorry drivers have beer bellies. End of story.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X