• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skills shortage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much are they paying?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Skills shortage? Wot skills shortage?

I know the NPfIT jobs cannot be obtained because they all require existing NHS experience, but this one is special:

http://www.jobserve.com/WADB0B4E543033AB6.job

"Release and Problem Manager - NHS"
      "... will involve ... working with Summary Care Record Suppliers ... experience of working within NHS ... working with the Summary Care Records Project ..."

Not just NHS experience, not just NPfIT experience, but specifically Summary Care Records Project experience!

Why don't they specify the bugger's name too and be done with it?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

http://www.jobserve.com/W7A60BB47100BB19F.job

"Project Manager"
        "... Candidates must have extensive experience in: Recent Utilities experience with knowledge of managing changes to billing applications ... All of the above skils are essential and candidates who have not clearly evidenced this within their CV will not be considered for this role."

Once again, project-specific experience but at least within an industry sector. There must easily be three people in the country eligible to apply. For a project that thousands could do.

So, yes I have recent utilities experience, yes I have billing experience, no the billing wasn't in utilities. Oh, bye, then.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I have no decent experience in anything. My CV is mostly lies. Don't know how I've got away with it this long.

Comment

Working...
          X