• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religion - Would the world be better off without it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I’m not into tribalism or any irrational beliefs or practices held by a human community, but if people enjoy watching football and it doesn’t affect me, then good on them. I think what religion you support is heavily influenced by ones environment and upbringing, for instance if you are American chances are you will worship baseball, and if Iranian executing Westerners, etc. They all serve the same basic human desires and needs, and just express it in slightly different ways.
    American is second choice then
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Unfortunately it wasn't a pun. I meant reins.
      I know! That's why it is so funny!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

What about the option for disorganised and non-dogmatic religion.

I'd really like you join my religion. But if you don't want to, I won't force you. You can go to Hell.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If there was no religion then there would be no Christmas. So no! For all the wars, death and suffering it has caused to countless millions of people I think religion is a good thing as once a year we get to celebrate the birth of some bloke over 2000 years ago on the 25th Dec. We get presents and eat ourselves to bursting point and give thought to all those who are not as fortunate as ourselves, including the starving in Africa, while we scrape a small mountain of food into the dogs If there was no religion then there would be no Christmas. So no. For all the wars, death and suffering it has caused to countless millions of people I think religion is a good thing as once a year we get to celebrate the birth of some bloke over 2000 years ago on the 25th Dec. We get presents and eat ourselves to bursting point and give a thought to all those who are not as fortunate as ourselves, including the starving in Africa, while we scrape a small mountain of food into the dogs bowl.

We also we get to celebrate his death and rising again by eating chocolate, delivered by an egg distributing rabbit an a different day each year depending on where the moon happens to be.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            ... Christmas ... Easter ...
            And don't forget the Harvest Festival, where tins of own-brand Baked Beans and Fray Bentos canned meat pies are gathered in from the fields for the benefit of privately-run old people's homes.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

No religion would mean less public holidays = more chargeable days
              to invoice client .

Comment

Religion is just a question of who's got the best imaginary friend.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  And don't forget the Harvest Festival, where tins of own-brand Baked Beans and Fray Bentos canned meat pies are gathered in from the fields for the benefit of privately-run old people's homes.
                  Ahh harvest festival - simply wouldn't be the same if cans had a use by date. These people fought in the war so that I could give them old packets of Birds instant custard.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If religion didn't exist someone, somewhere, would invent it
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      Ahh harvest festival - simply wouldn't be the same if cans had a use by date. These people fought in the war so that I could give them old packets of Birds instant custard.
                      I use to give them tins of spam as a child.

I recently discovered that some of those people who were around in the world war actually like it.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X