• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 'General' often this nasty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Can we have examples of the 'nasty' posts.
    That was the nastiest post so far...
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      That was the nastiest post so far...
      Don't be so nasty!

Comment

my nation is better at sport than yours
        No it isnt!

(where are you from?)

Comment

The advice and support in the more serious fora (i.e. not General or LR) can be invaluable.

General always seems to descend into an argument at some stage or another, whatever the topic. I thought it more than a little sad yesterday that SA asking if anyone knew a decent pub to go to after her uncle's funeral descended into argument and insult.

I tried to spread a little happiness with my birthday greetings last night - I used my special 7000th post for that one, too.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Nearly 34000 posts in Test Please Delete, looks like over half of that in the last month.

Zeits social outreach to the socially challenged is a stellar succes/failure.

Brownissue is a byproduct of that (pun intended)
            SASguru started it.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I thought it more than a little sad yesterday that SA asking if anyone knew a decent pub to go to after her uncle's funeral descended into argument and insult.
              Would it not be up to SA as the niece of the deceased and the recipient of the insult to be sad?

Comment

You lot need to toughen up a bit. Too much time on Facebook I suspect giving each other virtual hugs and tickles.

There was no nastiness, just some tongue in cheek banter as is usual on CUK.

Get over yourselves you big poofs.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  Would it not be up to SA as the niece of the deceased and the recipient of the insult to be sad?
                  No. Next.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    You lot need to toughen up a bit. Too much time on Facebook I suspect giving each other virtual hugs and tickles.

There was no nastiness, just some tongue in cheek banter as is usual on CUK.

Get over yourselves you big poofs.

HTH
                    So the armchair warrior returns...

I've just read your posts from yesterday. You really are a piece of work. Well done.

Comment

I don't know. Yoof of today. Mollycoddled wimps
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X