• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golders Green

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's perfectly acceptable slang, I have mates who call themselves yids.

Oh No help I'm being chased by the CUK PC mob, help me!
    Don't invoke the "PC mob" to cover up the fact that you're a silly little tit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's perfectly acceptable slang, I have mates who call themselves yids.

Oh No help I'm being chased by the CUK PC mob, help me!
      Depends on context - spurs fans calling themselves yids, yeah. You calling spurs fans yids these days, then yes (Probably). You saying you didn't know SA was a yid, with zero context of spurs because she referenced a jewish suburb, and not knowing the audience you're addressing. I'd say probably not.

Anyway, not my issue, and I couldn't give a toss. I'm just pointing out that your full of sh!te, and you know it.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Is Yid Offensive?
        The term is often interpreted as offensive by non Jews, which is a major misconception. The word Yiddish is not offensive, so neither is Yid

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
          Not near the cemetary. There is the Bull & Last which is up the hill towards Hampstead - closest - 5 min drive - has a car park.

Or the Spaniards Inn which is nice, nice food, oldy worldy type place but low ceilings and a bit claustrophobic which loads of people - has a car park.

The other side Temple Fortune has a dodgy wetherspoons for the local chavs.

Highgate Village has some nice places also but a bit further away.

Nowhere to park in Hampstead - don't even bother looking.
          I really appreciate that fishface - thanks very much.

We're meant to be going to my uncle's local...but we're relying on someone that none of us know for the details of the pub (funeral is tomorrow and we still dont know!) So I want to get a few alternatives for my Dad.

Thanks x x
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Golders green is prob the most well known jewish area in London.
            Ah right - thanks Snaw

Typical bagpuss post - needs interpreting before the small atom of humour is found
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Is Yid Offensive?
              The term is often interpreted as offensive by non Jews, which is a major misconception. The word Yiddish is not offensive, so neither is Yid

The word Pakistan isn't offensive ... etc. Need we go on. It's used as an insult towards Jews. Spurs fans adopted it because everyone else kept calling them Yids, intended as an insult. I don't know any Jewish people who call themselves Yids, or who'd be all that happy with some bloke coming out with a comment like I didn't know xxx was a yid. Most Jewish people would find that offensive, in most contexts.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Sally everyone knows Golders Green is famous for the Yiddish people who live there
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  Family funeral - I dont have much choice.
                  Do you still eat your dead up north then mate?
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Typical bagpuss post - needs interpreting before the small atom of humour is found
                    Sorry - there was an atom of humour? Where? Where?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh No help I'm being chased by the CUK PC mob and unjustly so, help me!
                      Burn the witch!!!!!

Burn him!!!!

<sits back, opens a can, awaits burning>

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X