• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he he you lot crack me up

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      As a contractor, you get used to interviews. I had one today and got asked quite a deep mathematical cryptography question, for which they wanted the answer then and there. Now I wouldn't mind except one of the interviewers sat there in front of me trying to work it out on his calculator!

I'm assuming one of the other interviewer's (who set the question) worked the answer out previously, so this is a fine example of 'I know more than you' syndrome.

This reminds me of an interview a long way back when the 'technical' interviewer explained this long, complicated, technical scenario and then asked me whether it would work. When I said yes, he told me it wouldn't because of a default-setting on a check box buried deep within the admin console of one of the components of said scenario.

Is it just me who can't be bothered with all this in an interview?

I once got asked to write down a 2 page A4 mathematical proof, mmm nice
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        funniest contract interview I had,

their first question was how would you do this, I fired back with do you want me to explain it using this solution or this solution as there are two possibilities

they paused and said.... we don't know

interview lasted ten minutes, got the contract

Milan.
        Side A or Side B?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Do you mean an African or European swallow?

...Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Do you mean an African or European swallow?
            What? Oh I don't know ... BOING!

Comment

Working...
            X