• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Board Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    If this is a tradition I'm guessing chef has already tried TP.

It depends what your friends are like - would they enjoy Risk/Axis & Allies? Very involving strategy games.
    They're LONG games though. Kingmaker is good in the same vain, but again takes forever to play.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Donald Trump - The Boardgame.

Available for a couple of quid from Toys 'R' Us...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        last year was monopoly but 2 of the players are HIGHLY competitive (think board game knocked over and a few hrs sulking just because she landed on hotelled Park Lane)
        I think I can see the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          They're LONG games though. Kingmaker is good in the same vain, but again takes forever to play.
          That's why I suggested Settlers - a bit more of an in depth experience but gives a result in a couple of hours. And no one can throw a hissy fit over the bad luck of landing on Park Lane as the result is largely down to your own skill (or lack thereof).

Comment

Risk is a good one, but then again when I used to play it it usually ended in huge fights over (wrong) strategies....
            Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Does naked Twister count as a board game?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Does naked Twister count as a board game?
                Not when you play it alone.

HTH.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
                  Risk is a good one, but then again when I used to play it it usually ended in huge fights over (wrong) strategies....
                  The new Risk is a quick play jobby. A bit more in depth than original Risk but limited to five turns so no all night yawn fests. You've got to attack hard and fast. Not bad either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-Avalo...6093781&sr=8-3

Comment

In my experience, the 2 games most likely to cause an argument are Monopoly and Pictionary.

If you want a family game, Articulate is ok. [edit: actually it's a lot of fun - you end up p*ssing yourself laughing]

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                      Doesn't that disqualify it as a board game then?
                      Not really, it has a board but you also need a DVD...you could call it half board!!
                      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                      X