• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blimey, I just got a job back in IT....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Did they give you my job?
    Yep and a pay rise said the previous guy kept bringing in his suitcase

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      Congratulations!
      Cheers Tay

Comment

ooops

Comment

Old biffer at 42 - a mere slip of a lad compared to some

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
            I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.
            You are MarillionFan, and I claim my 5 badly painted Thai figurines.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Guy
              I know it difficult to tell the girls from the guys on here, but really I thought the girl on mine might have been a hint.

But then again a femail avatar is not always true! Wendy change that avatar.

Congrats by the way.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post

ooops

Comment

... I'm so happy!!

Big deal I hear you all shout, well it's been 5 years since I worked in IT per se, I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.

Wish me luck I could be starting a week on monday
                  Congrats mate.

So. what type of shop was it and what do you do in IT?

Your id does sound familiar, so welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Guy
                    I know it difficult to tell the girls from the guys on here, but really I thought the girl on mine might have been a hint.

But then again a femail avatar is not always true! Wendy change that avatar.

Congrats by the way.
                    Cheers AP, see my eye sight's already on its way out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Congrats mate.

So. what type of shop was it and what do you do in IT?

Your id does sound familiar, so welcome back.
                      Cheers Clippy,

We had a mountain bike shop; also did casual clothing such as Animal, Duffs, Alpinestars and snowboard\ski technical stuff.

If you'd asked me what I did in IT before I left; I would have said infrastructure design (Microsoft) and enterprise systems management, my title was Technical Architect (contract), in fact this is my second only permie job, my first being when I left college.

This role however is titled Systems Support and I'll be supporting\developing internet\intranet based applications. In the interview a project implementing a new CRM system with middleware (BizTalk) was spoken about which sounded quite interesting.

I think I know where I want to go with my career, we'll have to see if this a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                      X