• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs Croatia predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    'Ere, don't knock it! They cancelled the FA national youth academy to pay for that! :
    Do you know, I didn't know that. Still no surprise - in this society form is more important than substance. Bring on the bling!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      Oh cheer up! Turn that frown upside down aye sunshine!

Least you still have the Ashes and the RWC.. oh hang on.... well you do well for such a small country... oh hang on...

well you have a great multicultural society at least.

You're a prize khoont. But fair enough, it's deserved.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        Surely you could at least make the effort to attend a regional tournament?
        I don't know about club rugby in New Zealand, but over here club football takes priority over the international sort. We treat international tournaments as a "nice to have".

For example, England's three strikers last night were the best available, but they are all reserves for clubs that are outside the top four of the league. There was no-one who is in form, banging them in every week.

Comment

I don't know about club rugby in New Zealand, but over here club football takes priority over the international sort. We treat international tournaments as a "nice to have".

For example, England's three strikers last night were the best available, but they are all reserves for clubs that are outside the top four of the league. There was no-one who is in form, banging them in every week.
          I feel sorry for Carson. A promising career fooked up by the plank Mclaren.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

"I feel sorry for Carson. A promising career fooked up by the plank Mclaren"

Can't agree with that. It wasn't Mclaren who failed to stop the ball. What he did was basic and any goal keeper should have been able to deal with it. OK Mclaren possibly should have picked a different goal keeper, but look at the choices. Robinson has been rubbish - had he picked him and he fooked it up then everybody would have been asking why he played Carson in the game against Austria and not in this. Then there is Calamity James. Again accident prone and again would have led to criticism from the press and supporters had he pulled one of his usual stunts.

I think where he should take the blame is to do with the lack of fight and effort shown by the england players. Why, when it has been proved over and over again did fat Frank AND Gerrard play. Why not go with 442 and put a recognised holding player in there – we had one on the bench!. At the start of that game we had 5 in midfield against their 4 yet they bossed our 2 world class midfielders. Wayne Bridge was hopeless all night long and should have been removed - possibly by a bullet!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The whole defence looked as if they hadn't played together before and that's because, er, they hadn't. Except in Austria last Friday.

You can't blame McClaren if your entire first-choice back four is injured.

The keeper business is neither here nor there. They are all good keepers who have the occasional lapse. I think Robinson's errors are exaggerated anyway.

Comment

You can't blame McClaren if your entire first-choice back four is injured.
                Who forced McKlown to play Owen in meaningless friendly in which Owen got injured?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Who forced McKlown to play Owen in meaningless friendly in which Owen got injured?
                  Oh don't start.

We didn't have enough cotton wool...

Comment

Have no fear though. The suits at the FA have promised a "root and branch" investigation into what went wrong, and lessons will be learned etc.
                    So, all sorted then.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Have no fear though. The suits at the FA have promised a "root and branch" investigation into what went wrong, and lessons will be learned etc.
                      So, all sorted then.
                      Yeah I saw that
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X