• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs Croatia predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    1-1Don't listen to the numpty nay-sayers from down here snaw, any team that finishes in the top two of their group deserves to be there - it's how leagues work.

Furthermore, no-one else has kept nine clean sheets in eleven games so far, we have only let in four (only Holland and France have conceded less), and two of those were flukes to say the least.

An average of two goals scored per game is quite healthy too. And all achieved with an extraordinary series of injuries to our best players!

Of course if England do lose tonight and go out, and they might, then they don't deserve to be there. But right now, there are no grounds whatsoever for people to say that.
    You're not a girl are you.
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
      You're not a girl are you.
      Well done.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        1-1Don't listen to the numpty nay-sayers from down here snaw, any team that finishes in the top two of their group deserves to be there - it's how leagues work.

Furthermore, no-one else has kept nine clean sheets in eleven games so far, we have only let in four (only Holland and France have conceded less), and two of those were flukes to say the least.

An average of two goals scored per game is quite healthy too. And all achieved with an extraordinary series of injuries to our best players!

Of course if England do lose tonight and go out, and they might, then they don't deserve to be there. But right now, there are no grounds whatsoever for people to say that.
        Fair enough, but I'll stick to my original statement - I think in a twisted way it'd be good for England not to qualify, primarily they'd get rid of a tulipe manager and secondly it might be the kick up the arse needed to start asking some serious questions about decades of underperforming, and maybe starting to address the 'why'.

BTW Those stats would have been exactly the same if Israel hadn't scored an incredibly flukey (i.e. In the against the run of play sense) goal in the last minute of the Game against Russia etc. Statistics are kinda meaningless without context.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

"I'm off to wembley soon to get stung for a hotdog"

Whatever floats your boat! Getting stung to get a hotdog wouldn't do anything for me. Remeber to unzip your gimp mask before you try to eat it.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm not going so expect a 10-0 England win.

Instead I'm checking down the back of the sofa for a couple of CD's.

Be a Darling and help me lift this cushion will you....
            If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

What sport is it?

Comment

I think they'll concede at least one goal tonight...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I think they'll concede at least one goal tonight...
                  They did!

Comment

1-0 oh dear. Scott Carson...oops

Comment

Dear oh dear.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X