• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early retirement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

nerdlaugh
    Is that a graphical representation of a womans mind?

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      Nope. All UK citizens should be annoyed at me for being such a cad and a bounder.

Sorry chaps
      I think taking advantage of good rates in one country + how much that currency is worth elsewhere and pumping the money (via a Ltd) into investments in other parts of the world where it's worth 10x the amount is just plain rude..

But that's just me - it's disgusting, it's deplorable and and and... well done
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Is that a graphical representation of a womans mind?
        No this is.

Clear?
        Last edited by tay; 20 November 2007, 14:23.

Comment

Not an issue. If I was British with this plan to move to NZ I could see your point, but I am moving back to my home town, all my friends and family, old sports clubs etc etc. I know exactly what the area lacks and what it has, I spent 23 years living there.

I wont get bored.
          Enjoy !

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Tay - I was feeling a little envious until you mentioned NZ. I mean why move out to the middle of nowhere on a island that no one give a tulipe about!
            Did you just describe Britain?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              I reckon the costs are overstated, schooling = free, designer clothes = Primark or do a paper round, cars = walk, etc etc
              That's what I thought - before we had 'em...

The cost of children is like Gordon's stealth taxes - you can't properly explain why, but you know you were much better off before.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Not sure yet ...at that age where she might suddenly get moody. And no she's very good with money.
                Still as another poster has said, if you live in the right area schools-wise, kids just "might" not be that expensive.
                I'd love to jump forward in time about 4 or 5 years - see where we're at.

Me and SAS will be laiden with kids and struggling to make ends meet, NZ will be under Muslim rule, contractors made obsolete by the new IR36 laws (in honour of Denny's return!) etc etc etc

Fortunately our houses will be worth an average of £2.5 million, so all's not lost
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Not an issue. If I was British with this plan to move to NZ I could see your point, but I am moving back to my home town, all my friends and family, old sports clubs etc etc. I know exactly what the area lacks and what it has, I spent 23 years living there.

I wont get bored.
                  Good on ya Tay, well done. Did you mean to hang around for 12 years here or did it just end up happening that way?

I came here when I was 25 but not sure if I could make it to 35 though!
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Are you not having kids SAS? Does MrsG not fancy any?
                    When inflated she fancies everything.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

SAS, she's not pregnant, merely over-inflated.

Comment

Working...
                      X