• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best gadget this Christmas ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    ASUS EEE PC701?
    Well, OK, but before you buy, try getting support info from the ASUS website.
    It's the worst I've seen. Got my vote for 'least user-friendly site'.

RS
    Don't worry about that.....go to www.eeeuser.com

or forums.overclockers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
      xbox 360 elite or a vario III
      Got a PS3 (60GB) and an iPhone. Both presents to myself for rocking so much, both better than the aforementioned.

Xbox 360 can't do true HD (1080P) and the HD-DVD add-on looks like it was designed by a 3 year old. I can watch blu-ray movies at full 1080P and play games like Tekken 5 DR, Ridge Racer 7 and Gran Turismo HD that the fat, hideous 'I own a jumped up Dell laptop' Xbox 360 will never get, it's only bought by pasty europeans and fat Americans. Japan laughs at you, can you spell 'Cell processor'.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....?u=xbox_suckit
      Last edited by Charles Foster Kane; 21 November 2007, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by matey View Post
        Overclockers got some.
        ASDA online got them in white for delivery tomorrow.
        Good spot! But is it worth holding out for the 8Gb one?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
          Good spot! But is it worth holding out for the 8Gb one?
          If you think thike that, you'll never buy any gadget, as the better one will be just around the corner.

I've just had an email from Asda about delivery, after I sent them a stroppy note asking why I hadn't even had the chance to choose a date yet:

Originally posted by Asda "Customer Support" Team
          Your particular order has gone for further valuidation checks, once these crucial security measures have been resolved you will be sent an email asking you to book delivery. We usually anticipate a response between 2 - 24 working hours. Sorry for any inconvenience.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If you think thike that, you'll never buy any gadget, as the better one will be just around the corner.

I've just had an email from Asda about delivery, after I sent them a stroppy note asking why I hadn't even had the chance to choose a date yet:
            Sorry, I wasn't clear enough - I thought the 8Gb one was out but just not stocked. I didn't realise it hasn't been released yet. I'm tempted to order the black one from Expansys.

(I do tend to dive in early on the gadget front!)

Comment

Cheap laptop - Intel Pentium Dual Core + 2GB of RAM

If anyones interested in a cheap proper computer, Dixons have this for £399 inc VAT

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...ory_oid=-31797

With a powerful 1.4GHz Intel Dual Core processor, Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium and 2 GB of memory, this great laptop from Toshiba can make short work of your computing tasks.

Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor 1.46 GHZ, 533MHz FSB, 1 MB Cache Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium 2 GB Memory 80 GB Hard Drive 15.4" WXGA Widescreen Display DVD-SuperMulti Dual Layer Optical Drive INTEL GMA X3100 Graphics Card Wireless Enabled Ink Blue/Black Colour

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                Got a PS3 (60GB) and an iPhone. Both presents to myself for rocking so much, both better than the aforementioned.

Xbox 360 can't do true HD (1080P) and the HD-DVD add-on looks like it was designed by a 3 year old. I can watch blu-ray movies at full 1080P and play games like Tekken 5 DR, Ridge Racer 7 and Gran Turismo HD that the fat, hideous 'I own a jumped up Dell laptop' Xbox 360 will never get, it's only bought by pasty europeans and fat Americans. Japan laughs at you, can you spell 'Cell processor'.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....?u=xbox_suckit
                Indeed the PS3 is a marvel to behold on a 42" HD tv.
                Only problem I've found with it is streaming video from a media server via a wireless network, it connects fine but spends more time buffering than playing the video. Might need to be cabled to the router.

Gran Turismo HD is gorgeous, blue ray is fantastic and luckily blockbuster are stocking them (theres no way i'm paying current blue ray prices)
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Indeed the PS3 is a marvel to behold on a 42" HD tv.
                  Only problem I've found with it is streaming video from a media server via a wireless network, it connects fine but spends more time buffering than playing the video. Might need to be cabled to the router.

Gran Turismo HD is gorgeous, blue ray is fantastic and luckily blockbuster are stocking them (theres no way i'm paying current blue ray prices)
                  Hats off to you sir, it's refreshing to see someone well informed, that isn't one of Bill Gates' drones. 1080p on a 50" bravia is very sweet (Spiderman 3 on blu-ray needs to be witnessed), and has had my Xbox 360 owning chums openly weeping into their embossed Microsoft hankies.

Comment

Is Gran Turismo HD out yet? I thought it hadn't been released yet
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      Is Gran Turismo HD out yet? I thought it hadn't been released yet
                      It's a free download.

Comment

Working...
                      X